BB-1X Bass Driver; a premium stompbox pedal designed by Boss to give your bass a punchier, bolder sound.
Free Pedals with The Boss Collectors Club
With the introduction of Boss’s new Collectors Club, you can get some real “pedal perks” just by purchasing Boss compact pedals.
Buy any Boss compact pedal from October 1st 2017 until September 30th 2018 and register them to receive free swag from Boss including a limited edition DS-1 badge, an exclusive 12” vinyl and a free Boss pedal.
Check out our Boss Collectors Club blog post for further information on this amazing offer!
Special Edition Bass Driver
Combining over 40 years of technical knowledge, pedal design innovation and cutting edge technology, this next generation Bass Driver X Series pedal delivers a new tonal experience that only Boss could bring you.
Boss X Series Technology
When designing the X Series pedals, Boss wanted to deliver something truly special. To that end, an incredible amount of research and development was put in to creating the proprietary Boss MDP chip, allowing for Multi-Dimensional Processing.
Multi-Dimensional Processing, or “MDP” for short, allows the pedal to analyse your performance and adapt its own output to your playing.
The BB-1X is able to deliver a huge range of superior sounds ranging from natural clean tones to really heavy distortion.
Adapting and responding to any register or playing style you can throw at it, the BB-1X maintains the body and core characteristics of your instrument’s tone and all the dynamics in the nuances of your performance while making the sound more full-bodied, punchier and providing a great distortion sound on demand.
The combined input from the world’s greatest guitarists and the engineers at Boss has produced an incredibly musical, inspiring and exciting technology in the Boss X Series pedals.
Specially Tuned Line Out
When designing the BB-1X, Boss consulted many of the world’s top bassists and professional PA engineers and, after taking on their feedback and suggestions, decided to enhance the Bass Driver’s Line Out.
The BB-1X features a convenient balanced Line Out jack that functions as a DI when required but with extra enhancements.
Rather than just boosting the low end which would result in an unbalanced band mix through the PA, the Line Out on the BB-1X has been specially tuned to ensure it provides a full spectrum of balanced sound so that it retains the body, punch and presence of your tone.
Advanced Processing for Natural Sound
When conventional bass pedals attempt to provide a punchy sound they often narrow down your frequency range making it sound unnatural while the low end is muffled in an attempt to achieve high-definition distortion tone. Increasing the distortion level on these pedals then decreases the dynamic response of your bass, limiting the expressiveness in the sound.
Boss decided that they wanted to do things quite differently. Advanced technology enables the BB-1X to analyse your bass signal from several dimensions at once, all in real time.
A huge amount of processing is performed, taking into account the instrument’s own characteristics, the playing style, the dynamics, the phrasing and much more.
This allows the BB-1X a huge range of potential when it comes to shaping and enhancing your sound without altering the core tone of your bass guitar and amp.
The BB-1X delivers an incredibly dynamic response that combines solid low-end and beautifully natural sounding, high-definition distortion – perfect for expressive and nuanced performance.
Boss BB-1X Bass Driver Pedal Key Features:
- Bold, Punchy Sound that Invigorates the Original Tone and Responsiveness of your Bass and Amp
- Contains BOSS’ Latest Distortion Which Adapts to Every Register and Never Muffles Your Low End
- Blend Knob Allows for Mixing Direct Signal with Effect Signal
- Independent Low and High Knobs for Ultra-Wide Tonal Adjustment
- Two Output Jacks: Normal Output for Bass Amp, Line Out for a Balanced Connection Directly to a PA or Recorder
- Line Out Jack Provides Modern and Enhanced Direct Sound
- BOSS Five-Year Warranty
Boss BB-1X Bass Driver Pedal Specs:
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT jack: -20 dBu, LINE OUT jack: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT jack: 1 k ohm, LINE OUT jack: 600 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: OUTPUT jack: 10 k ohms or greater, LINE OUT jack: 600 ohms or greater
- Controls: Pedal switch, LEVEL knob, BLEND knob, LOW knob, HIGH knob, DRIVE knob
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- Connectors: INPUT jack, OUTPUT jack, LINE OUT jack (1/4-inch TRS phone type), AC adaptor jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22), AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Current Draw: 54 Ma
Expected Battery Life Under Continuous Use
- Alkaline: Approx. 6 hours
(These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*