ASM Hydrasynth Keyboard Synthesizer
Order before 3pm Mon-Fri for Next Day Delivery
PMT'S Price Match Promise
At PMT we constantly monitor prices to make sure you get the best gear at the best price. If you find a like-for-like item cheaper elsewhere, simply fill in the Price Match Request form.
The ASM Hydrasynth Keyboard features a Polytouch 49 note Polyphonic aftertouch keybed and a powerful, versatile sound engine for inspiring performance.
Great Sound, Great Playability and Maximum Flexibility
Ashun Sound Machines have developed a synthesizer that gives you incredible flexiblity and customisation options of your sound.
A smooth workflow combines with an advanced wavetable synthesis engine along with a new keyboard featuring ASM's proprietary Polytouch keybed and much more.
The result is the ASM Hydra synth; an incredibly expressive synth that is a dream come true for sound designers and performing musicians.
ASM Hydrasynth Keyboard Synthesizer Key Features:
- Metal Chassis with Steel Top and Bottom and Aluminium Side Panels
- ASM Polytouch Keybed
- 3 Oscillators
- Mixer/Filter Routing
- 5 Low Frequency Oscillators
- 5 DAHDSR Envelopes
- Modulation Matrix with 32 User Definable Routings
- Built-In Arpeggiator
- MIDI, USB, CV/GATE Interfaces
- OLED Screen
- Pre-Effects and Post-Effects
Expressive Polytouch Keybed
The ASM Hydrasynth Keyboard features Ashun Sound Machines' proprietary Polytouch keybed.
Not only does this keybed offer standard velocity and aftertouch, it also supports fully polyphonic aftertouch!
Featuring 49 high quality, standard sized keys, the ASM Hydrasynth keyboard synthesizer's Polytouch keybed has that familiar playing feel but with incredible expression.
Oscillation and Mutation
ASM's Hydrasynth Keyboard is equipped with three oscillators allowing you to choose from 219 single cycle waveforms.
Making wavemorphing easy and customisable, oscillators 1 and 2 have ASM's Wavelist mode.
Using Wavelist mode you're able to select 8 waves from the library of 219, arrange them in any order you want and then morph through them.
Furthermore, oscillators 1 and 2 are routed into Mutators which allow you to seriously shape your sound. Come up with something completely new or recreate classic synth sounds.
You can "mutate" your sound a number of ways using a variety of processes. These 7 processes include Pulse Width, Harmonic Sweep and Wavestack, which creates five copies of your sound and detunes however you wish.
What's more, these mutators can generate their own waveforms in both FM and Sync modes, freeing up your oscillators.
Mix and Filter
The Hydrasynth's three oscillators are sent through a mixer, Noise generator and Ring Modulator for further customisation.
Using the mixer you can set the levels and pan the input source. A dedicated balance control allows you to set the amount of signal from each source that is routed to each filter.
There are two filters on board the Hydrasynth Keyboard. The first features 11 different filter models for a wide rang of sound tailoring.
Similar to the classic SEM filter, the second filter is 12dB per octave and features a continuous sweep from Low Bass to Bandpass and High Pass.
For even more flexibility you can set the filters to be parallel or series.
Further powering your sonic shape shifting are five LFOs and five DAHDSR envelopes.
Each of the Hydrasynth's LFOs feature a STEP mode for patterns up to 8 steps. With five of these mini step sequencers on the go, you have incredible tone tweaking potential.
You also have 10 standard waveforms to choose from.
Furthermore, all of the Hydrasynth's LFOs feature delay, fade in, 3 triggering modes, smoothing, start phase and one shot modes allowing them to act as envelopes and BPM sync.
The DAHDSR envelopes aboard the Hydrasynth Keyboard all feature Delay, Attack, Hold, Decay, Sustain an Release stages.
You can adjust the time settings for stages in seconds or time divisions. This allows you to set the envelopes to work in sync with your music.
What's more, you can loop the envelopes to create LFOs with shape can be voltage controlled with modulation matrix.
Enter The Matrix
The ASM Hydrasynth Keyboard's modulation matrix is what really opens up a world of possibilities with the Hydrasynth.
You have 32 user definable modulation routings to set up paths for the 29 modulation sources and 155 modulation destinations.
Almost any feature on the Hydrasynth Keyboard can be set up as a modulation destination, including the effects and arpeggiator. Even the modulation matrix points can be set up as destinations.
What's more, you can also use the CV Mod, In & Out Jacks and MIDI CCs as both modulation sources and destinations.
A World of Wonder
There's just so much you can do with the Hydrasynth Keyboard and so many ways to do it.
The musical, creative potential that the ASM Hydrasynth offers is just astounding.
Buy the ASM Hydrasynth Keyboard synth from PMT Online now and enter a wonderful world of synthesis with the Hydrasynth as your vehicle.
Hydrasynth Firmware Update
Ashun Sound Machines has released firmware update 1.4 for their Hydrasynth Keyboard and Desktop.
As well as several bug fixes, Firmware 1.4 adds some fantastic new features such as a new Mutator and some new types of Noise.
The new Mutator, called PhazDiff, creates a new waveform which is derived from the difference between the incoming waveform and its inverted and phase-shifted counterpart.
The Noise feature has 7 different options. These now include red, blue, violet and grey noise which pushes the Hydrasynth to new sound design capabilities!
ASM Hydrasynth Keyboard Synthesizer Specifications:
- Steel top and bottom
- Aluminum side panels
- Polyphonic aftertouch
4 octave (67 cm, 26.4") Ribbon controller
- Pitch bend mode
- CC control mode – modulation source
- Theremin mode - triggers envelopes and plays pitch
- -Continuous pitch or choose from multiple scales
5 banks of 128 patch memories
CV gate input and outputs
- Support multiple CV/GATE standards
- --1v per octave +/-5V
- --1V per octave 0-10V
- --Hz to Volts +/-5V
- --Hz to Volts 0-10V
- --V-trig, S-trig
- --3V, 5V, 10V
- -Mod In/Out range
- --+/5V, 0-10V, 0-5V, 0-1V
- Clock in and out
- -1PPS, 2PPQ, 24PPQ, 48 PPQ
- -Clock Voltage - 3v, 5V, 10V
- Voice overflow mode for expanding voices with another Hydrasynth
Expression pedal input
Sustain pedal input
- Polarity sensing input
DC input jack
- Supports USB MIDI In/Out
- 80 x 35 x 10.3 cm
- (31.5 x 13.78 x 4.05 inches)
- 10kg (22.05 lbs)
Sound Path Specifications:
8 Voice Advanced Wavetable synthesis
2 Wavemorphing Oscillators
- 219 single cycle waveforms
- User wavetables - 8 user selectable ‘wavelist’ per osc to build user wavetables
- Every osc and patch can have its own user wavetable
- WaveScan parameter for modulating through wavetables.
- Keytracking – 0-200%
- +/- 3 octave tuning range
1 fixed Wave OSC
- 219 single cycle waveforms
- +/- 3 octave tuning range
- Keytracking – 0-200%
Dual Mutators per oscillator
- FM – Linear FM
- -Selectable Modulator source
- --Built in Sine & Triangle, OSC1, OSC2, OSC3, Mutators A, B, C, D, Noise gen, Ring Mod, External Mod 1&2 input.
- WaveStack – Generates 5 detuned waves from input source. Detune amount.
- Pulse Width Mod – Adjust pulse width of ALL waveforms.
- PWSqueeze – Compresses the center section of the waveform. Differnnt type of PWM
- PW-ASM – 8 User adjustable wave squeeze/stretch points.
- Hard Sync – gives that classic sync sweep sound.
- -Selectable Sync input source.
- Harmonic Sweep – will scan through the harmonics of the incoming sound.
- Dry/Wet mix to blend the original OSC source.
- White, Pink, Brown noise sources
- Selectable input sources
- -OSC1, OSC2, OSC3, Noise, All Mutator outputs, External Mod ½ in.
- Depth control
Sound source mixer
- Mix the following sources - OSC1, OSC2, OSC3, Noise, and Ring Mod.
- Panning for each source
- Filter routing mix
- Solos for each source (solo status is saved in the patch)
- Series or parallel routing
- Filter 1
- -12 & 24db modern ladder (compensated)
- -12 & 24db vintage ladder (uncompensated)
- -Threeler HP, LP
- -MS20 HP, LP
- -Low Pass Gate
- -Vocal filter
- --Multiple vowel order parameter
- --Formant parameter
- Filter 2
- -Continuously Variable Lowpass-Band pass-High pass (Oberheim SEM style)
5x Low Frequency Oscillators
- 10 static waves
- -Sine, triangle, Square, Saw up, Saw down, S&H, Low random, Noise, Pulse width 25%, Pulse Width 12.5%.
- Step Wave – 8 steps that the user can set (like a step sequencer).
- -Step smoothing
- -Step glide
- Clock sync
- Starting phase
- Start delay
- Fade in
- Master output gain
- Trigger modes – mono, poly, free
- One shot mode
5x Envelope Generators
- 6 stage DAHDSR envelopes
- -Delay, Attack, Hold, Decay, Sustain, Release
- Slope curves for ADR stages
- -Variable from full exponential to full logarithmic
- Tempo or Time option for setting length of each stage.
- Looping of AHD stages for creating LFO types of modulations.
- Trigger modes – Legato, Reset, Retrigger
- 32 slots for source-destination mod routings with amount
- Modulation matrix slots can be mod destinations
8x Macro knobs and buttons
- Each macro knobs allows positive and negative of up to 8 destination controls
- Arp parameters can be modulation destinations.
- -Up, down, up/down, Up&down, random, note order, chord, pattern
- -Range, 1,2,3,4
- Play order
- -Up, down, up/down
- Gate time
- Ratchet – repeats notes
- Chance – sets how often the ratchet takes place.
Pre-effects – before Delay and Reverb
- Compressor (with side chain)
- Filter delay
Post-effects – after Delay and Reverb
- Compressor (with side chain)
|Shipping Weight (kg)||11.000000|
|Number of Keys||49 keys|
|Synthesis Type||Digital / Modelling|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.
- Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
- Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
- Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
- Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.