The Ashdown RM-800-EVO II Head is a lightweight and compact yet super powerful 800-watt bass amplifier head that will offer the bassist something for the larger stages yet still able to throw in the back of a rucksack.
Lots and lots of Power
With quality components and a low weight at 2.6kg versus its high 800-watt power, this little super-amp will be the perfect companion for any bass player that wants quality and small size.
Featuring passive and active jack inputs for use with high and low basses. This makes setting the signal path easier depending on what bass is being used, carefully balancing the input using Ashdowns trademark VU Meter.
The RM-800-EVO II Bass head comes with 5-Band tonal control, developing your ideal bass sound, with bass, middle and treble and a lo-mid and hi-mid placed either side of the middle control making dialing in the perfect bass sound easy.
The shape button enhances the important frequencies, developing the bass players' tone even more.
Adding warmth and body to your sound is the in-built compressor that evens out the player's sound making it smooth and silky.
If overdrive is your bag, just dial in the drive control and let off as much or as little drive crunch as you want. For an extra dynamic, this feature is foot-switchable, making those bass crescendos mid-song reachable with a click.
For something extra, the Ashdown comes with a Sub-Harmonic generator letting a sub-octave effect take over, offering extra depth in the lower regions. This feature is also footswitchable.
The Ashdown RM-800-EVO II Bass Head comes with a pair of Jack/Speakon out meaning it can be used to power a single 8-ohm cab, a pair of 8-ohm cabs or a single 4-ohm cab.
An FX Send and Return is located on the back panel, along with a DI output and a line input, so the bass player can practice along with a track.
The Ashdown RM-800-EVO II Head also features a headphone preamp and output to allow for silent practice, just master that lick right before a recording session or gig.
Easy to see
The front panel is now finished in a matt black anodised alloy finish making it easier to change settings when placed under the bright stage lights.
Ashdown RM-800-EVO II Head Specs:
- Power Output: 800 Watts
- Power Requirement: 115-230 Volts
- Speaker Outputs: 2 x Neutrik Speakon/Jack outputs
- Frequency Response: -3dB @ 17Hz und 30KHz
- High Instrument Input: Impedance 3.9m Ohms, input range 150mV
- Low Instrument Input: Impedance 10k Ohms, input range 300mV - 40V p-p
- Line Input: Impedance 22k Ohms, input level 0dBu nominal
- DI Output: 600 Ohm balanced, Level 0dBu nominal
- Tuner Output: Impedance 22k Ohms, Level 0dBu nominal
- Impedance: Minimum 4 Ohms
- Signal to noise: Better than 80dB (EQ flat)
- EQ: Bass +/-15dB @ 100Hz Lo Mid +/-15dB @ 220Hz Middle +/-15dB @ 660Hz Hi Mid +/-15dB @ 1.6kHz Treble +/-15dB @ 7kHz shelving Deep +
- Effects Send: Impedance 22k Ohm, Level 0dBu nominal
- Effects Return: Impedance 22k Ohms, Input Level 0dBu Nominal
- Distortion: Less than 0.5% THD
- H x W x D (mm): 86 x 314 x 235
- Weight (kg/lbs): 2.6/5.5
|Amp Type||solid-state amplifier|
September 4, 2019Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.