Small and lightweight, with enough power and tone to suit a small to club-sized venue, it's the Ashdown AGM-5C 5 Watt Guitar Combo! This 5-watt pure Class A guitar amp comes complete with a 12" Celestion Creamback speaker, onbaord Belton digital reverb, and a powerful solid-state preamp that extends the tonal range right into overdrive!
Ashdown AGM-5C 5 Watt Guitar Combo Highlights
- Single channel Pre amplifier with Genuine Accutronics reverb block
- 1 x JJ Electronics ECC83s preamplifier tube
- Bass, middle, treble and controls
- Twin master volume controls
- Stealth switch reduces overall volume and activates Speaker Tone compensation for studio use
- Series effects loop
- Aux input for backing tracks, MP3 etc.
- Speaker switch for silent-mode recording (activates headphone output)
- Recording out socket- filtered to simulate the response of a Celestion Alnico speaker
- Up to 5 Watts output from 1 x JJ Electronics EL84 valve
- 16 Ohm speaker output for use with a different speaker cabinet
- Plywood Tolex covered classically styled cabinet fitted with 12" Celestion Creamback speaker
- Suitable for home practice, gigging, and studio work
It's Not The Size That Counts, It's What You Do With It!
Don't let the 5 Watt output on the Ashdown AGM-5C fool you: this amplifier can push some serious air. Thanks to the EL84 and ECC83 (aka 12AX7) valves in the Power and Preamp sections (respectively) and the on-board 12" Celestion Creamback speaker, you won't believe it's only a 5 Watt amplifier you're playing.
However, if you're playing a gig at a larger venue and think the 5 Watts won't be loud enough, have no fear: there's also a 16 Ohm speaker output socket on the rear panel, letting you power a variety of different cabinet sizes.
Perfect for Home Practice and Studio Recording
Should the sheer power of this little amp be a bit too much when you're hoping to get some quiet practice time in, there's no need to worry.
Thanks to the on-board Stealth switch, you can reduce the amp's overall volume with ease, whilst the Speaker Tone compensation ensures that there's no loss of sound quality.
Not only that, but if you're recording and don't want to be picking up any excess noise from the amp, simply use the Recording Out socket, and activate the "Speaker Mute" function
Celestion Creamback Speaker
A stalwart of British guitar tone since the 1960s, the Celestion G12H Creamback is the result of fixing an 'H' type magnet to the already-popular G12M-65 speaker. This resulted in an overall creamy, punchy tone, with a dynamic high end, and tight lows.
This speaker brings plenty of focus, body and girth to your sound, thickening single notes, and making it perfect for lead guitar sound. In other words: an ideal match for the valve-powered Ashdown AGM-5C!
In addition to those features mentioned above, the Ashdown AGM-5C also comes complete with an Aux Input, allowing you to plug in a mobile or computer device and jam along with your favourite tracks.
|Woofer Size||12" woofer|
|Amp Type||hybrid amplifier|
October 29, 2009Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.