Akai Force is a standalone Music Production and DJ Performance System that continues where the Akai MPC Live and APC Series Ableton Controllers left off.
Launch, Sample and Sequence
The Akai Force offer clip-launching, step sequencing, sampling, synth engines and tactile touch screen control making it a true all-in-one music production system.
Furthermore; combining must-have modern functionality with an ultra-intuitive workflow, the Akai Force allows you to get fantastic results fast and easy.
Plus, it does all this without the need of complex DAWs and cabling.
As a result, the Akai Force provides you with everything you need to produce fantastic work whether you're performing live or in the studio.
Compared to your usual setup with a computer, DAWs and complex cabling, the Akai Force offers easy, straight forward functionality.
If you're a DJ looking to enhance your set, a musician wanting to add backing tracks and live smapling to your performance or a producer looking to take your projecs to the next level, the Akai Force has got you covered.
Akai Force Key Features:
- Standalone Unit - No Computer Required
- Over 10GB of Sound Content Included
- 8x8 Clip Launch Matrix with RGB LEDs
- 7" Colour Capacitive Multitouch Display
- 2 Audio Inputs, 4 Outputs
- MIDI and CV I/O
- 4 Configurable CV/Gate Outputs
- 8 Touch-Sensitive Knobs with Graphcal OLED Displays
- 16GB of Total On-Board Storage
- Full-Size SD Card Slot & 2 USB 3.0 Slots for Thumb Drives or MIDI Controllers
- 2.5" SATA Drive Connector (SSD or HDD) for Expansion
- Auto-Syncs with Splice Sample Folder
Akai Force 3.0.3 Update
With the Akai Force 3.0.3 firmware update you will get a whole new set of fantastic features and stability improvements.
- Step Automation - You can now input, edit and view automation in the Step Sequencer.
- Grid Automation - You can now input, edit and view automation in the Clip Event/Region editors.
- Ableton Live Set Export - you can now export your Force project to an Ableton ALS project file.
- Export all clips or export a single clip - you can now export the clips in your Force project to audio, MIDI or MPC Pattern files.
- Matrix Mode enhancements - You can now copy, paste, create and delete clips from the Matrix mode. Press and hold on a Clip slot to bring up a drop-down menu of options.
- Play scales from your external keyboard - Hold Shift and push Notes to bring up the Notes Config dialogue.
Workflow Enhancements in 3.0.3
- In Sample Record mode, after recording a sample the Keep or Discard Sample popup now has f-keys to Save or Edit your sample.
- Holding Shift illuminates METRONOME and LENGTH buttons if those things are switched on
- Pressing Shift + tapping Metronome or Length (Fixed-Length) toggles the setting on/off.
- Pressing Shift + holding the Metronome or Length button opens the settings for that item.
- Arpeggiator now feels more responsive and operates with lower latency.
- Launch/Note mode improvements. When your current track is a melodic track a long press of the Note button now opens the Note Mode selector to make it faster to switch between scale or chord layouts. On a Drum program, a long press of the Note button now opens the TC selector. Whilst in Launch/Notes Shift + Launch or Shift + Note brings up their config dialogue.
- You can now use the Delete button to erase notes in realtime as a clip is playing. Play a clip that has MIDI events inside, push and hold the Delete button, now when you hold pads in Notes mode they will erase any corresponding events for the duration they are held.
- To make it easier to navigate your internal Akai/AIR Effects all effects are now split into well-named groups.
- Stability and reliability Enhancements - 16 Level, Audio Device, Audio Tracks, Audio Edit, Automation, Channel Mixer, Grid Edit, File Browser, Installer, List Editor, MIDI Sync, Plugin Hosting Effects, Plugin Hosting – Instruments, Preferences, Program Edit, Program Edit - Plugin/MIDI, Program Edit – Clip, Program Edit – CV, Q-Links, Sample Edit, Sample Record, Saving and Loading, Song Mode, Step Sequence, Track Mute, Transport, Undo/Redo, and XYFX.
These are all in addition to the great updates that came about with the Force 3.0.2 firmware updates including:
Splice Integration - Splice fuels the creativity of producers around the world with millions of high-quality, royalty-free samples, presets and loops, covering nearly every musical style.You can now download and browse your Splice sample library on your Force standalone.
Browser Audition Warp and Sync - In the Browser you can now audition samples/loops that have a Force-embedded tempo in sync with your project tempo.
Track mode OLEDs are no longer blank on first instantiation of default plug-in tr
MIDI Program Change Off setting added
MIDI Tracks' Program Change value is now saved with projects
Launching two clips simultaneously will no longer cause one of the clips to get stuck in the 'waiting to play' state
Visual Feedback, Tactile Control and Versatile Connectivity
The Akai Force features a 8x8 RGB clip launch matrix along with a 7-inch full colour touch-capacitive multi-touch display and 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays.
Because of this, you get great tactile control and instant visual feedback so you're always in charge of your sound.
Offering fantastic performance potential, the Akai Force is equipped with 2 audio inputs and 4 audio outputs along with MIDI and CV I/O.
You can hook up your instruments along with external hardware such MIDI or analog synths and use the Force as the central hub of your studio.
Super Fast Workflow
Probably one of the most important aspects of the Akai Force is its intuitive clip-centric workflow.
To begin with, the Akai Force allows you to combine multiple modes with plugin tracks, Audio tracks, MIDI, CV, and more to define your clips.
You can then edit your clips in detail using the Akai Force's step sequencing functionality or drum pad performances.
There's even the option to use note data from the grid editor along with smartscale, chord and progression functions.
As a a result of this high level of editing together with the Akai Force's great range of controls and displays, your workflow is fast and seamless.
Advanced DAW-Style Features
Akai have meticulously designed the Force to include all the essential mudic production features you'd expect from DAWs and other music production software.
For instance, you no longer have to scroll through menus as almost every paramter and function is easily available to you due because of the Akai Force's hands-on and intuitive workflow.
Furthermore, additional features include time stretching and pitch-shifting in real time. You also have the ability to record 8 stereo audio tracks.
Even more impressive is that, in contast to DAWs, you can do all this with no computer because it's all built into the Akai Force.
Amazing Synth Sounds
Giving you incredible sounds to work with straight off the bat, the Akai Force features over 10GB of on-board kits, samples and effects.
This library even includes great sounds by AIR Music Technology, including their TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth engines.
You also have access to the additional Hype synth. This preset and macro-based synth combines several different engines in one easy-to-use and versatile package.
In addition to the great synth sounds, the Akai Force also comes with a great range of drum sounds to cover just about any project.
In fact, the Akai Force includes a massive selection of 248 Kits, 16 Demo Projects, 2500+ loops and 500+ patterns.
Similarly to the Akai MPC series, the Akai Force can be expanded easily using a 2.5" SATA drive connector.
Compatible with both SSD and HDD drives, as well as SD Cards and USB memory sticks so you can take your entire sample library with you wherever you go.
Akai Force - All-In-One, No Computer Needed
Make music and take your performance wherever you want with this fully-featured and incredibly versatile all-in-one, standalone music production system.
Buy the Akai Force from PMT Online now to free your creativity and expand your performance and production potential.
Akai Force Technical Specifications:
- 64 x velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
- 8 x 360° touch-sensitive knobs
- 1 x 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- 5 x 270° knobs for gain, mix & level adjustment
- 56 x dedicated function buttons; red-, amber-, or green-backlit
- Full-colour LED-backlit display with touch interface
Akai Force Connections:
- 2 x XLR+1/4" (6.35mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
- 4 x 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS outputs (2 stereo pairs)
- 1 x 1/4" (6.35mm) stereo headphone output
- 1 x 1/8" (3.5mm) MIDI input
- 1 x 1/8" (3.5mm) MIDI output
- 1 x 1/8" (3.5mm) MIDI thru port
- 4 x 1/8" (3.5mm) CV/Gate outputs
- 1 x Ethernet link port
- 2 x USB Type-A ports
- 1 x USB Type-B port
- 1 x SD card slot
- 1 x power adapter input
- Power via power adapter: 19V, 3.42A, centre-positive, included
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 13.8" x 15.3" x 2.85" (350 x 389 x 72.5mm)
- Weight 8.53 lbs. 3.87kg
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.