Akai Professional APC Key 25 USB MIDI Keyboard Controller
Order before 3pm Mon-Fri for Next Day Delivery
PMT'S Price Match Promise
At PMT we constantly monitor prices to make sure you get the best gear at the best price. If you find a like-for-like item cheaper elsewhere, simply fill in the Price Match Request form.
Fusing the dedicated Ableton Live 'APC' controllers with the popular MPK keyboard range, the Akai APC Key 25 is a fully-featured USB MIDI keyboard controller with direct integration with Ableton Live and all major DAW software.
Travel-friendly portable controller keyboard, pre-mapped for Ableton Live
25 mini synth keys ensure expressive playing and note entry but in a small, mobile chassis for life on the road or alongside a laptop. A re-designed 8x5 button LED clip matrix is tailor made for use with Ableton Live, allowing you to put together a live performance or make music wherever you are. 8 assignable rotary controls also provide additional control over your software or VST plug-ins, and you can easily customise or re-map them to your liking.
Akai Professional APC Key 25 Key Features
- Ableton Live controller with built-in performance keyboard
- Seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live
- Clip-launch matrix with tri-color lighting displays current clip status
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- 8 assignable knobs map to Ableton Live and control volume, sends, and more
- Shift button and directional arrows manipulate the scope of the grid
- Dedicated Octave Up, Octave Down, and Sustain buttons
- USB-powered and plug-and-play setup for Mac and PC
Direct Control - VIP Software
The APC Key 25 and VIP software work together to give you even deeper access to sorting and manipulating your VST virtual instrument and FX plugin library. An integrated patch browser presents every patch for every VST plugin you have, and lets you to quickly filter, select and preview patches based on their specific attributes. You can layer patches together (from up to 8 different VST plugins) to create new patches and timbres. You can also create setlists that provide instant on-demand access to your instruments for stage performance and studio work.
- Plays virtually every VST compatible plugin
- Operates as a standalone virtual instrument player for your computer
- Also operates as a plugin within any AU, VST, or AAX compatible DAW
- Organizes your plugin collection with intuitive browsing by plugin, artist collection instrument type, timbre and more
- Access, edit, and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time
- Setlist feature lets live performers switch between patches from any plugin instantly from the keyboard
- Etensive key zone splitting, custom mapping, and instrument mixing options
- Pre-mapped to hundreds of industry-leading virtual insturments
- Unlimited instances of VIP may be run in a DAW
NEW VIP 3.0 Update
As of September 2017, Akai have announced the release of VIP3.0! This latest update of their critically acclaimed VIP software is even more efficient, and is now available on a wider-range of controllers than ever before!
All new features within VIP 3.0 include the following:
- VIPMS (VIP Native Plugin Map Standard) - 3rd party VST and Effect developers can now develop their own personal plugin maps, allowing for enhanced and seamless intergration with VIP, fully opening these plugins to VIP's superior workflow
- MIDI Learn - allows you to seamlessly map your MIDI controller's hardware controls to specific parameters within the software, enabling instant access and more efficient levels of creativity - this feature makes especially good use of the extensive libraries for MIDI controller mappings on both Akai Professional and M-Audio keyboards.
- Pad Chord Progressions - using a VIP-enabled keyboard controller's pads, you can now easily play preset chord progressions
- Key Control modes - these allow you to play scales, harmonised chords or even chord progressions from your VIP keyboard
Plug-and-play connectivity means it's really easy to set up and use straight out the box, no need for time-consuming re-mapping!
MPC Beats - Beat Making Starts Here
Also included is the new MPC Beats software.
This free software is based on the legendary MPC workflow and allows you to get incredible results with ease in your home studio.
Everything you need is included in this software for you to make great sounding beats in no time.
You'll find MPC Beats incredibly intuitive and inspiring when creating your beats.
Over 80 audio FX plugins are included so you can maninuplate your sound however you wish while VST/AU compatibility allows you to really expand your sound.
All this and much more is yours and it's free with this AKAI hardware!
|Shipping Weight (kg)||1.200000|
|Software Included||Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist, and Toolroom Records artist launch packs (downloads)|
|Power Supply||USB Bus Powered|
|Number of Keys||25 keys|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.
- Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
- Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
- Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
- Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.