Warm Audio WA87 Studio Microphone
OUT OF STOCK
Available to order
PMT'S Price Match Promise
At PMT we constantly monitor prices to make sure you get the best gear at the best price. If you find a like-for-like item cheaper elsewhere, simply fill in the Price Match Request form.
If you're looking for a classic condenser microphone that delivers a warm, vintage tone at an affordable price, then this modern incarnation of the classic condenser microphone, inspired by the famous '87 studio microphone, might just be for you.
More Than Just A Number
The WA-87 large-diaphragm condenser microphone from Warm Audio is based on one of the most popular studio microphones ever made. Perfect if you're looking to achieve studio quality 'in-your-face' vocals, acoustic guitars and drums - the WA-87 has an output transformer that provides a light boost in the high-mid frequency range and subtley saturates the signal for you.
Warm Audio WA-87 Key Features:
- Circuit design based on the favourably warmer, earlier version of the classic '87 studio microphone.
- True vintage warm tones and exceptional audio fidelity produced through Fairchild FETS, tantalum, polystyrene and WIMA film capacitors.
- Made with premium components modelled after the classic '87.
- Three selectable pickup patterns including cardioid, figure of eight and omnidirectional for versatility in a number of recording scenarios.
- High-pass filter (80Hz) and attenuation pad (-10dB) switches on faceplate.
Being one of the most desirable 'go-to' microphones for audio engineers since it's conception, the classic '87 studio microphone has been subject to countless interpretations over the years from a variety of microphone manufacturers.
Warm Audio have broken the mould and have taken the mic back to it's roots, focusing on one of the earliest versions of the iconic studio mic, dating back almost half a century.
Renowned for having a warmer tone than its successors, this more forgiving version uses premium and discrete components to re-introduce this classic microphone to a new generation at an affordable price.
Quality Build, Affordable Price
The WA-87 uses Warm Audio's very own WA-87-B-50V custom capsule reproduction, stylized after the classic K87 dual backplate/dual diaphragm capsule found in early '87 microphones, providing you with a faithful recreation of the original capsule.
Combined with the CineMag USA output transformer and Fairchild FETS, tantalum, polystyrene and WIMA film capacitors, the sonic results you can achieve are that of a top-end classic studio microphone, only with a truly affordable price tag.
With three individual polar patterns - cardioid, omnidirectional and figure 8 - the WA-87 offers you full flexbility with its ability to adapt to any recording technique or situation. With excellent back and side rejection, the cardioid and figure 8 polar patterns are perfect if you're recording up-front and direct sounds such as vocals or guitar cabinets. In contrast to this, the omnidirectional pattern is great for ensuring you can capture as much sound as possible, boasting clarity in every detail.
The addition of faceplate switches for a 80Hz high-pass filter and -10dB attentuation pad only add to the microphones flexibility in use.
Warm Audio WA87 Studio Microphone Specifications:
- Based on the classic “87-style” circuit.
- Microphone includes shock mount, hard mount and wood box.
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure of eight, and omnidirectional.
- Capsule: Lens Kondensator LK-87-B-50V reproduction of classic dual backplate (four wire termination) K87 capsule.
- Diaphragm: 6 micron thickness, 1 inch diameter, gold sputtered membrane, NOS Japanese mylar (PET film).
- Output Transformer: CineMag USA.
- Frequency Response: 20hz - 20khz.
- SPL: .5% THD @ 125db (without pad),132db (with pad).
- Pad: -10db.
- Output: 150 ohms, 24k gold plated, 3 pin XLR (pin 1 = gnd, pin 2 = +, pin 3 = -), transformer coupled via Cinemag USA output transformer.
- High Pass Filter: 80hz.
- Noise: -117db.
- Colour: Nickel (painted).
|Shipping Weight (kg)||3.000000|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.
- Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
- Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
- Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
- Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.