Featuring a superb TD-50-Class sound engine, and an array of newly developed pads, this Roland TD17KV is an affordable electronic drum kit that offers you a playing experience that's as close to using an acoustic kit as you can get.
Designed to really allow your skillset to shine through, and fully equipped with tools that will help to push your abilities further than ever. The ultimate tool for learning and honing your drum technique.
Become a Better Drummer, Faster
All of the physical movements you'd associate with playing an acoustic kit - such as stick coordination, hand/foot control etc. - is accurately mirrored when playing the TD-17KV, and its built-in coaching functions can actually track your technique, measure your progress, and help you improve each time you play!
Roland TD17KV Highlights
- Develop stick-control and correct playing technique with large 12-inch double-mesh snare
- CY-5 Hi-hat cymbal with natural motion and open/close detection helps learn hi-hat control
- Natural, rich and dynamic drum sounds, inherited from flagship TD-50 sound engine
- Learn expressive foot control and pedal technique with the KD-10 Kick pad
- Two crash cymbals and expansion possibilities support your individual playing style and performance
- Improve your sense of time with Time Check and Quiet Count as part of Coach Mode
- Warm-up menu provides a basic daily exercise routine to help your playing progress
- Enjoy playing along with your favorite tunes by streaming audio from your smartphone to the TD-17 via Bluetooth® audio
- Choose a kit that matches the tune or style you’re playing, from 50 premium preset drum kits
- Adjust the ambience of each kit to match the venues you perform at
- Customize the preset drum kits to match your preferred drum sound
- Import your own samples for a drum sound that matches the original recording
- Watch video lessons on your smartphone and play along, while the audio comes through the headphones via Bluetooth
- Develop your playing and timing with free to download 'Melodics for V-Drums’ software
- NEW MDS-Compact Frame (depending on stock availability)
Realistic Playing Feel
The problem with many other electronic drum kits is the size difference between a typical 14" acoustic snare drum, and an 8" electronic snare pad. However, with the Roland TD-17KV you get a 12" dual-mesh PDX-12 snare, which is not only larger in diameter than a usual electronic snare pad, but is also tension-adjustable for a much more authentic and satisfying rebound, as well as a snare hoop that's much closer in height to that of an acoustic snare drum.
Thanks to the Prismatic Sound Modeling technology inhereted from the flagship TD-50 sound module, the TD17KV's sound engine offers you a far superior drumming experience to comparable models. You get a much wider dynamic range and an array of dramatic tonal changes from this sound module, all based on how hard and where you strike the pads, allowing you to perform rim shots, cymbal crashes, rolls, flams, and even ghost notes, with each and every nuance detailed, accurate, and ultra-smooth.
Permanently Improve Your Playing
With the TD17 module you have the option to use the fabulous Coach Mode, which supports your daily exercise regime. Coach Mode allows you to warm up, develop your sense of groove, tempo and timing, or even just work on your stamina, and gives you a score after each exercise to show you how you're doing.
Deepen your sense of groove with the excellent Time Check mode, which helps you to develop your accuracy alongside a click track. The module's display shows you the number of accurate strikes made as a percentage value, as well as whether they were on, ahead or behind the beat.
Fine-tune your internal timing with the Quiet Count mode, which is similar to Time Check but the click cuts out during some bars, with your sole aim being to continue playing in time for when the click returns.
WarmUp mode is there to help make those daily practice sessions seem like less of a chore. Each warmup can be undertaken over 5, 10 or 15 minutes, and come at you with varying rates of difficulty and tempos. This range of exercises helps to prepare you for some serious drumming, with sections that focus on changes to rhythm and tempo, and a detailed evaluation afterwards which will help you set a target for improvement with future sessions.
You can now connect your mobile device to the TD-17 via Bluetooth, allowing you to play along with your favourite bands, or even rehearse your own songs without your band present, allowing you to hear the entire performance over your headphones - if you like you could also record your performance then play it back afterwards, allowing you to hear the areas that you may need to improve upon!
Get Yourself Gig-Ready
Whilst rehearsing you'll want to play with drum sounds approximating the same ones you'll be using live with your acoustic kit. Thanks to the amazing TD50 audio engine, the TD-17 series includes a huge variety of expressive modelled drum sounds for you to choose from - including 50 premium-quality drumkits, the ability to create your own signature kit, and even imported sound samples - alongside different reverb types!
Watch and Learn
Watching a video lesson and playing along has never been easier! Simply place your mobile device on the drum-module's front panel, connect wirelessly via Bluetooth, and hear a well-balanced combination of the lesson and your own playing being broadcast through your headphones or monitors!
You can even take things one-step further and download the free App "Melodics for V-Drums" (compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems), that comes complete with a series of free drum lessons to help you improve upon your playing, with subscribers also being able to access premium content, which is updated weekly!
Made to Last
Every piece of the TD-17 Series has been designed to offer you plenty of reliability for years to come. Each of the pads and pedals have been specially constructed to withstand a beating, whilst retaining their excellent levels of playability.
Roland TD17KV Drum Kit Configuration:
- Sound Module: TD-17 x 1
- Snare: PDX-12 x 1
- Tom: PDX-8 x 3
- Hi-Hat: CY-5 x 1
- Hi-Hat control pedal: FD-9 x 1
- Crash: CY-8 x 1
- Ride: CY-8 x 1
- Kick: KD-10 x 1
- Drum Stand: MDS-4V or MDS-COMPACT x 1 (depending on stock availability)