Orange Brent Hinds Terror 15w Signature Valve Amp Head
Mastodon guitarist and frontman Brent Hinds is a firm favourite amongst hard-rock and metal fans the world over, with his crushing tones and blistering solos inspiring many an aspiring guitarist to continue their own personal development and push themselves to their limits. Brent's relationship with Orange amps is a long-standing one, so it's only natural that they've now worked together in the development of his own signature series amp head: the Orange Brent Hinds Terror!
White Whale, Holy Grail!
Featuring two switchable channels and an all-new gain structure, the all-valve, 15-watt Brent Hinds Terror comes complete with its own individual nature and personality, setting it apart from any of the previously released Orange Terror models.
Orange Brent Hinds Terror Highlights
- Signature series 15w Terror valve amplifier head for Mastodon guitarist Brent Hinds
- Features its own distinctive voice and character, as well as tribal stylings based on Brent's facial tattoo
- All-new gain structure gives the amp a completely individual nature and personality
- Switchable power output options
- Connects to 2 x 8 Ohm or 1 x 16 Ohm speaker cabinets
- Available whilst stocks last
Two Channel Design
With the Natural and Dirty channels at your disposal, you won't be disappointed in the array of tones that the Brent Hinds Terror can produce. Although the Natural channel only has a single control (Volume), the channel itself has been specially redesigned to feature more bottom-end, whilst retaining the finely balanced and highly playable character of the Terror series. The Dirty channel features an all-new gain structure, that pushes the amp far higher than in previous models, brightening up the sound at lower levels, and fattening it up the more you dial it in!
Switchable Power Options
Whether you are performing live on stage, or rehearsing quietly at home, the Brent Hinds Terror manages to retain the best possible tone, thanks to its switchable output power. Keep it set to 15 Watts for those brutal live performances, or dial it down to 0.5 Watts to avoid scaring your neighbours whilst retaining the tonal colour of that warm valve compression and saturation that you love.
The lunchbox design of the Terror series makes transporting the amps to and from gigs much more manageable than their bulkier counterparts. In addition to this, the Brent Hinds Terror weighs just 6.4 kg (approximately the same weight as two standard house bricks), and comes fitted with it's own carry handle, so setting up and packing away won't cause you too many issues, especially if you'll be using cabs that are already set up on the stage.
Try Before You Buy
Call into your local PMT store today to play test any of on-hand Orange Terror amps to find out which is the best fit for you. Alternatively, order the Brent Hinds Terror online today and make use of our fabulous home delivery or store pickup options!
Orange Brent Hinds Terror Technical Specs
- Controls (Right To Left): Volume (Natural Channel); Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Volume (Dirty Channel); Channel Selector; Half/Stby/Full Power Selector; Power Switch
- Output Power: 0.5, 1, 7 Or 15 Watts (Switchable)
- Effects Loop: Yes (Valve Buffered)
- Valves: 3 x Ecc83 (12ax7), 1 x Ecc81 (12at7) (Preamp); 2 x El84 (Power Amp)
- Unboxed Dimensions (W x H x D): 35.6 x 17.7 x 15cm
- Boxed Dimensions (W x H x D): 43.9 x 25.3 x 23.9cm
- Unboxed Weight: 6.4kg
|Amp Type||valve / tube amplifier|
October 29, 2009Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.