Novation AFX Station Aphex Twin Synthesizer
Out of stock
Unavailable for purchase
PMT'S Price Match Promise
At PMT we constantly monitor prices to make sure you get the best gear at the best price. If you find a like-for-like item cheaper elsewhere, simply fill in the Price Match Request form.
The Novation AFX Station synthesizer brings back the Bass Station II with all the great features of that amazing synth but with a set of great new few features approved by Aphex Twin.
Aphex Twin-Approved Synthesizer
If you like the Bass Station II, you're going to live this.
The Novation AFX Station has all the standard functions of the original Bass Station II such as two powerful oscillators for fantastic analogue monosynth sound, dual-mode filters, modulation, effects, step sequencing and more, but with a host of incredible new features.
New Look Approved by Aphex Twin
Emblazoned with the famous "A" insignia and boasting a striking new purple design, you can see the Novation AFX Station synthesizer is different from first glance.
The new look also has soke very helpful interface labels which provide easy access to the AFX Mode functions
The Novation AFX Station also comes to you in a limited edition giftbox which features custom artwork by long-time Aphex Twin collaborator Weirdcore.
Conceived by Aphex Twin himself, AFX Mode is what turns the AFX Station from a Bass Station II into something entirely new.
A sound designer's dream, the AFX Station's AFX Mode turns every key into a new patch - revolutionising how it's played.
Each key has a completely different sound allowing you to use the AFX Station as a hue and powerful analogue drum module, a sound design machine or an awesome synth for bass and lead lines.
Wether you're playing live, sequencing or using the AFX Station's arpeggiator, AFX Mode gives you a new level of creative character.
Brand New Artist Patches
Coming to you with 128 new synth patches and seven new overlay banks from Noyze Lab, Perplex On, Richard Devine, r beny and Lightbath, the Novation AFX Station really captures the creative vision of Aphex Twin.
Buy the Novation AFX Station from PMT Online to get an Aphex Twin approved synthesizer that takes the Bass Station II to a whole new world of creativity.
- Access to The Sound Collective
- Ableton Live Lite
- 4GB Loopmasters
- Free Melodics Lessons
What's In The Box:
- AFX Station Synthesizer
- DC Power Supply Unit (PSU)
- USB Cable
- Getting Started Guide
Novation AFX Station Aphex Twin Synthesizer Specs:
Hardware & controller assignment
- 25 note synth-action keyboard
- Aftertouch can be assigned to modulate: Filter frequency, LFO 1to Osc pitch, Osc 2 speed
- Pitch wheel
- Modulation wheel can be assigned to: LFO 2 to filter frequency, LFO 1 to Osc pitch, Osc 2 pitch
- Octave up/ down buttons
- New se64 factory presets
- 64 slots for user patches (and patch dump facility for storing more)
- Master volume dial
Inputs and Outputs
- USB MIDI (for connecting & powering Bass Station II via host computer)
- Mono output on 1/4" TRS jack
- Headphone output on 1/4" TRS jack
- External input on 1/4" TRS jack
- Sustain pedal input on 1/4" TS jack
- MIDI IN / MIDI OUT ports on 5 pin din
- DC power input
- Switch between power off / DC powered / bus powered
- Osc 1
- Osc 2
- Sub Osc (3)
- Noise generator
Osc 1 & 2
Select between waveforms:
- Square/variable pulse width
- Sync 1 & 2
- Octave range
- Pitch bend
- Pitch modulation from Mod Envelope and/or LFO 1
- Pulse width modulation from Mod Envelope and/or LFO 2
Sub Osc (3) which is tracked to Osc 1
Select independently between waveforms:
- Narrow pulse
- All modulation and tuning tracked to Osc 1
- Independent octave select
- Osc 1 level
- Osc 2 level
- Sub Osc level
- Noise generator level
- Ring modulation depth
- External signal level
Two filter types
- Acid type (diode ladder filter design)
- Classic type (derived from original Bass Station)
- Filter frequency to Mod Envelope depth
- Filter frequency to LFO 2 depth
Select 'Classic' filter between:
- Low pass
- Band pass
- High pass
- 12dB slope
- 24dB slope
Two ADSR Envelopes (Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release)
- Amp Envelope
- Mod Envelope
- Combined control of both Envelopes
Select triggering mode between:
- Single trigger (holds envelope state when new note is played)
- Multi trigger (re-triggers with every new note played)
- Autoglide (engages portamento)
- VCA limiter
Two LFOs each selectable between:
- Sample and hold
- Both LFOs independently adjustable between rate and delay time
- Key sync LFO 1 & 2
- LFO slew on LFO 1& 2 (low pass filter on the LFO waveform)
- Distortion send
- Oscillator filter mod amount (FM effect created by Oscillator 2 modulating filter freq)
- Up to 32 different patterns
- Select between 1-4 octave range
- Swing function
- Select direction: Up, Down, Up / down 1, Up / down 2, As played, Random
- Latch (hold the arpeggiator)
- Up to four sequences
- Assign one of 32 preset rhythms or create your own
- Insert rests or legato (slide)
- Sequencer re-trigger function
- Adjust glide time
- Single trigger or re-trigger modes
- Integrate into step sequencer and arpeggiator
|Shipping Weight (kg)||3.000000|
|Number of Keys||25 keys|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.
- Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
- Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
- Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
- Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.