The brand new Martin D-28 Modern Deluxe VTS Top is here, and it's simply mind-blowing. Bringing you that vintage Martin acoustic sound, but packed full of modern sophistication and playability, the new Modern Deluxe series D-28 would make the perfect choice for an experienced professional looking to take their playing to the next level.
Martin D-28 Modern Deluxe VTS Top Highlights
- Newly designed Dreadnought style guitar with ultra-modern features
- New for 2019
- Brand new, ultra-low profile, asymmetrical neck design
- Solid Sitka Spruce top with Vintage Tone System technology
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides
- Liquidmetal red dot bridge pins result in increased volume at no extra weight
- Lightweight, two-way Titanium truss rod for increased stability and easier neck adjustment
- Hardshell case included
- Finance Options Available
An Innovative New Take on a Classic
Martin's new Modern Deluxe series offers a truly unique playing experience through the combination of sophistication and performance. Packed full of custom features and modern technology, these Modern Deluxe guitars truly have to be experienced first-hand to be fully appreciated.
For the Martin D-28 Modern Deluxe you get a guitar that brings together the finest elements of Martin vintage guitar design combined with cutting-edge construction techniques.
Every inch of this guitar, from the bridge pins, to the tonewoods used and beyond, comes together perfectly to introduce a brand new chapter for this illustrious company.
A pairing of Sitka Spruce (top) and East Indian Rosewood (back and sides) is arguably one of the most sought-after tonewood combinations on the market, and has been for the best pary of seventy years.
These two working together help to produce when many people perceive as the perfect acoustic guitar tone.
A Rosewood body will produce a clear, bright sound, with a fairly even response across all frequencies. It also produces a dark and complex resonance, with plenty of rich overtones, and a characteristic zing that other woods just can't reproduce.
Sitting atop the Rosewood body is a piece of solid Sitka Spruce, regarded by many to be the "industry standard" in top woods. Spruce delivers a broad dynamic range, with plenty of articulation but little in the way of harmonic complexity. This results in a consistent sound, regardless of playstyle, making it easily one of the most versatile tonewoods on the market.
Together, these woods produce a loud, rich and clear voice, making the guitar ideal in a number of musical situations.
With the Martin D-28 Modern Deluxe, it won't just be the sound that'll turn your head. Featuring stylish gold frets, gold open-gear tuners, a pearl inlaid 30s style script logo on the headstock, a 2-way Titanium truss rod, Liquidmetal bridge pins, and even a brand-new assymetrical neck profile, it's clear that the Modern Deluxe series means business.
Complimenting those Modern Upgrades we have a range of tried-and-tested appointments that will be familiar to any Martin enthusiast. These include a Sitka spruce Vintage Tone System (VTS) top, VTS Adirondack spruce braces, a dovetail neck joint, and they've even used natural protein glue.
All of this works perfectly together to produce that rich, fully aged tone that Martin are renowned for.
Vintage Tone System
Martin's VTS (Vintage Tone System) allows the luthiers over at Martin to perfectly recreate not only the visuals of a vintage guitar, but also the the tones. Using a unique torrefaction process, Martin are able to prematurely age and stabilise the wood, giving a similar end result to what you'd get with natural ageing.
With this method, Martin have been able to produce guitars that feature the same tone and playability of a vintage Martin, and that's exactly what they've done here with the D-28 Modern Deluxe.
Available to Order Now
Contact our Online Sales team directly if you'd like to know more about the availability of this stunning acoustic guitar, or order yours online today and use our fantastic Home Delivery or Store Pickup services once it's available.
Martin D-28 Modern Deluxe VTS Top Specs
- Model: D-28 Modern Deluxe
- Construction: Dovetail Neck joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce with VTS
- Rosette: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scaloped
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back/Purfling Strip: Zig-Zag Authentic
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: European Flamed Maple
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Binding: Eropean Flamed Maple
- Top Inlay Material: Bold Heringbone
- Neck Shape: Vintage Deluxe
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Sylized Script Inlay
- Heelcap: European Flamed Maple
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Width at 12th Fret: 2.125"
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares, Long Pattern
- Side Dots: Abalone
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open Gear
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: Liquidmetal
- Bridge Pin Dots: Red Acrylic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case Included: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Model Available: Yes (Contact our Sales Team directly for more details)
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||genuine mahogany neck|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*