Martin 000-18 Acoustic Guitar
OUT OF STOCK
Available to order
The Martin 000-18, which has a beautiful aging toned top in Sitka Spruce is married with genuine Mahogany back and sides.
000-18 – A Classic Martin Guitar
The Martin 000-18 is a classic acoustic guitar from Martin and is one that many guitarists aspire to own.
The 000 part of the name or ‘Triple O’ as it is spoken, refers to the size of the guitar – this means it is smaller than what you can expect from a D style, or dreadnaught acoustic guitar.
This means that many guitarists will find it a lot more comfortable to hold and it also allows for a lot more articulation and intricate playing to come across in your sound.
Crafting a Classic
The fantastic combination of woods solid Sitka spruce top and genuine Mahogany back and sides lends it the 000-18 a nicely bright, rich tone with great articulation.
Joining the body of the Martin OOO-18 through use of a dovetail neck joint, a modified low oval neck with Performing Artist Taper, or High Performance Taper as Martin now refer to it. This special taper makes for an enhanced playing experience and a more comfortable feel.
The neck also has a nice and smooth satin finish to it so you’ll find the Martin 000-18 an absolute joy to play.
Martin’s 000-18 also sports a shorter scale length at 24.9” which means you can get that bit of extra bend on your strings which works perfectly for styles such as blues where bending the strings is key to your performance.
Historic and Modern
As this is a Martin guitar, you know there’s going to be a fair few appointments that set the 000-18 above most other acoustic guitars for sale on today’s market.
While Martin have stayed true to their roots with the 000-18 offering many features found in Martin’s pre-war era guitars, there are also several facets that make the 000-18 a fantastic instrument for modern players.
The 000-18 is a fantastic guitar that it is coveted by guitarists the world over thanks to its impeccable craftsmanship and choice woods. Martin always want to go that step further and always look to add a few premium touches where possible.
First off, it’s worth mentioning that on the Performing Artist Taper neck, you’ll find that the Ebony fretboard has undergone the coveted Plek fret dressing treatment. The Plek Pro is an incredible, high-tech tool that has been developed for guitar production factories. The result of Plek Pro treatment is a fantastic fret dressing that significantly improves the playability of the Martin 000-18.
At the headstock, flanking the script old style overlay of the C. F. Martin logo you’ll find nickel open gear Grover tuners with butterbean knobs. These machineheads will quickly, and accurately get your strings in tune and keep them there securely.
Coming to you in a wooden hardshell case, the Martin 000-18 is an acoustic guitar you will cherish and pass on down through the generations.
Martin 000-18 Acoustic Guitar Specs:
- Model: 000-18
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Old Style 18 Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 1/4"
- Back Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 18
- Side Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Endpiece: Faux Tortoise
- Binding: Faux Tortoise
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper/Performing Artist Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Heelcap: Ebony
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Old Style 18
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Back and Sides Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Colour: Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930 Style Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 3/16''
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius:16"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Ply Hardshell
|Shipping Weight (kg)||8.000000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||Select Hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.
- Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
- Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
- Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
- Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.