JBL's legendary 3 Series of powered studio monitors are a popular choice here at PMT, with both Customers and Staff alike opting to use them - and with good reason. The 3 Series has always offered end-users a professional-level production/broadcasting experience at a reasonable price, and are ideal for Audio Production/Mixing, Podcasting, Vlogging, YouTube videos and more!
8" Two-Way Powered Studio Monitor
Well, good new folks: the new-and-improved 3 Series MkII is here, seen here as the flagship JBL 308P MkII - a compact powered studio monitor, which makes that legendary JBL performance available to every studio studio.
Whether you own a home production studio, or you're a hobbyist/prosumer, if your studio space is limited then the JBL308P MKII represents the ideal solution for you!
Why the MkII?
The original JBL 3 Series gained a reputation for their high quality to cost ratio, which saw an awful lot of hobbyists and budding professionals using them for their work. JBL are never one to simply settle for What Is though, and always aspire to improve upon their creations, which is where the MkII models come in.
Featuring integral improvements to their transducers, the inclusion of a much-requested feature, and application of the latest manufacturing learning, JBL seem to have perfected the art of creating the perfect affordable Studio Monitor. All of this and more has gone into producing a brand new edition of these popular powered monitors, with improved looks and sound being added to the best qualities from the originals.
Patented Image Control Waveguide
Originally developed for JBL's flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor, the groundbreaking Patented Image Control Waveguide allows you to reveal impressive details, ambience and depth into your mixes. Offering an acoustically seamless transition between the low-and high-frequency transducers, this technology provides an immersive soundstage with precise imaging - you know that you're going to get a crystal-clear representation of your mix with the JBL 308P MkII.
Good Monitors Mean a Good Mix
With its new and improved 3 Series transducers, the JBL 308P MkII provides you with breathtaking performance capabilities.
Thanks to the long-throw 8" woofer and the patented JBL Slip Stream LF port, you get to hear deep, accurate and tightly controlled bass frequencies. On top of this the woven-composite 1" Neodymium tweeter will throw soaring, immaculately detailed highs into the mix too.
Featuring a faster HF transient response, greater low frequency linearity, and lower harmonic distortion than previous models , the JBL 308P MkII is a studio monitor you can trust to get the job done in style!
Plug And Play Functionality
No matter how simple or demanding your production needs, the JBL 308P MkII is ready to go right out of the box. Thanks to dual integrated Class D power amplifiers (custom designed for each transducer), you get a generous dynamic range whatever your project.
Whether your needs revolve around music production, podcasting, vlogging, or even cinematic sound design, the JBL 308P MkII allows you to hear exceptional detail at any volume, even at peak SPLs. Just plug in, power on, and you're ready to go!
Versatile, Flexible, and Reliable
Thanks to the innovative new Boundary EQ and 3-position HF Trim switch, you can adjust your JBL 308P MkII to perfectly match the dimensions and acoustics of almost any room you choose to work in. Add to this the balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs, adjustable input sensitivity, and that world-renowned JBL reliability, and you have yourself a studio reference monitor that suitable for any situation, in any environment.
Built Upon A 70 Year Legacy
Seven decades of acoustic expertise have helped JBL shape their reputation as one of the world's top studio monitor specialists in the world, but it's their drive and determination to be the best that has led to them bushing the boundaries to bring you the best there is on offer. So order your very own JBL 308P MkII Professional Studio Monitor today! Order can be made Online, In-Store, or by contacting our Online Sales Team directly!
JBL 308P MKII Features
- Patented Image Control Waveguide for detailed imaging and a broad, room-friendly sweet spot
- Next-generation JBL transducers for optimized transient response and improved linearity
- Patented Slip Stream™ low-frequency port for superior bass performance at all playback levels
- Dual integrated, custom Class-D amplifiers provide 112 watts of power for high output and dynamic range
- New Boundary EQ settings compensate for low frequency variants introduced by the environment
- HF Trim switch adjusts high-frequency output to room acoustics or personal preferences
- Flexible connectivity with balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs, +4dBu / -10dBV input-sensitivity switch and adjustable volume control
- Engineered to JBL Linear Spatial Reference design criteria for outstanding accuracy in any working space
- Strenuous JBL 100-hour full-power test ensures years of reliability
- Sleek, modern design provides a visual upgrade to any studio
JBL 308P MKII Technical Specs
- LF Driver Size: 203 mm (8")
- HF Driver Size: 25 mm (1")
- HF Driver Type: Soft dome
- Crossover: 1800Hz 4th order acoustic Linkwitz-Riley
- Power Configuration: Bi-amplified
- HF Driver Power Amp: 56 W Class D
- LF Driver Power Amp: 56 W Class D
- Frequency Response: 45Hz – 20kHz (±3dB)
- Frequency Range: 37Hz – 24kHz (-10dB)
- Low Frequency Extension: 37Hz (-10dB)
- Maximum Continuous SPL: 102dB
- Maximum Peak SPL: 112dB
- Maximum Peak Input Level: +6dBV / +20.3dBu (-10dBV / +4dBu)
- System Distortion Criteria: <10% THD at maximum output with full compressor / limiter engagement
- Electrical Distortion Criteria: 0.2% THD @ 1kHz / 2.83VRMS output; <1% THD @ 1kHz, full rated output
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75dBA (A-Weighted), 70dBr (unweighted), relative to 2.83VRMS output
- Coverage Pattern: 120° x 90° (horizontal x vertical)
- HF Trim Control: -2dB, 0dB, +2dB
- Boundary EQ: LF Shelf @ 50Hz
- AC Input Voltage: 100 – 240VAC (±10%), 50 / 60Hz
- Height: 419 mm (16.5")
- Width: 254 mm (10")
- Depth: 308 mm (12.1")
- Net Weight: 8.1 kg (17.87 lbs)
- Enclosure Type: Ported
- Enclosure Construction: 15mm MDF
- Enclosure Finish: Matte black PVC
- Baffle Construction: Injection-molded structural ABS
- Analog Input Types: 1 x XLR female, 1 x TRS female, balanced
- Input Sensitivity: 92dB / 1m (-10dBV Input)
|Shipping Weight (kg)||9.000000|
|SPL||102db (RMS), 112db (Peak)|
|Power Output||2 x 56 Watts, D Class|
|Woofer Size||8" woofer|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.