Assertive sound, durable construction, and no-nonsense aesthetics, the Peter Hook signature Yamaha BB Bass would make a great choice for any regularly performing bassist.
Hand-Signed By Hooky Himself!
Having spent more than four decades as one of the most influential innovators of rock bass playing, Peter Hook (of Joy Division and New Order fame) knows a thing or two about what makes Yamaha BB Basses so popular.
Renowned for offering a combination of rock solid tone and rugged reliability, the Yamaha BB is ideal for working bassists everywhere, no matter what genre they play - and this Peter Hook Signature BB Bass is no different!
Hand Signed Yamaha Peter Hook Signature BB Bass Guitar Highlights
- Special edition signature instrument for legendary Manchester bassist Peter Hook
- Hand-signed in our Manchester store by Hooky himself!
- Only 5 available in total
- Combines elements of Yamaha's BB1200S and BB734A basses
- Reversed VSP7N Split Single Coil pickup
- Active Preamp with 3-band EQ and Active/Passive switch
- 3-piece Alder/Maple/Alder body
- Red finished inspired by Peter's favourite BB1200S
- Includes padded gig bag for safe keeping
- Excellent value for money
Own A Piece Of History
Recently, Peter Hook met up with PMT's very own Dagan at our Manchester store to talk about his new signature bass, and was kind enough to autograph some of them for us.
The autographed version of this bass is limited to just 5 in total, so we highly recommend that you place your order sooner rather than later if you want to own a piece of British rock history, to avoid missing out!
For the body on this bass, Hooky has gone for his favoured Alder and Maple 3-ply construction, which offers the kind of natural articulation that's ideally suited to his melodic, high-register playing style.
In addition to this, the 5-piece Maple / Mahogany neck is attached to the body via a six bolt join, offering incredible natural sustain and rock-solid reliability.
To help in delivering that awesome BB tone, Hooky and Yamaha have chosen a single reversed Split Coil pickup hooked up to an active preamp.
This VSP7n pickup is equipped with an Alnico V magnet - a metal renowned for offering increased articulation in a pickup - and not only does the preamp offer a 3-band EQ for accurate tone-shaping, but also sports an Active/Passive switch for when you want a more vintage sound.
So order your own hand-signed Yamaha Peter Hook Signature BB Bass at PMT Online today - you won't regret it!
Hand-Signed Yamaha Peter Hook Signature BB Bass Guitar Specs
- Construction: Bolt-on (6-bolt miter neck joint )
- Scale Length: 34" (863.6 mm)
- Body Materials: Alder / Maple / Alder construction
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Materials: Maple/ Mahogany 5pcs
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard Materials: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" (250 mm)
- Fret Wire: Medium
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Materials: Graphtech
- Width @ 0 Fret / 12th Fret: 40.0 / 56.3 mm
- Thickness @ 1st Fret / 12th Fret: 21.0 / 23.0 mm
- Neck Pickup: Reversed VSP7n - Split Single Coil / Alnico V
- Controls: Master Volume, 3-BAND EQ(Bass, Middle, Treble), Active/Passive Switch.
- Bridge: Vintage Plus - Convertible stringing, Brass Saddle, Steel Plate
- String Spacing: 19 mm
- Tuning Machines: Lightweight Open Gear
- String Gauge: D'Addario EXL-170SL / 0.045-0.100
- Case: Gig bag
|Shipping Weight (kg)||8.000000|
|Case Included||gig bag|
|Neck Wood||5-piece Maple / Mahogany Neck|
|Pickup Config||1 x split coil|
|Number Of Strings||4 string|
|Body Material||alder body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||BB Style|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.