Gretsch G6120T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Chet Atkins
Availability: OUT OF STOCK
Available to Order from our Suppliers
The Gretsch G6120T-59 Vintage Select Edition ’59 Chet Atkins is fantastic hollow body electric guitar with TV Jones pickups and Bigsby, harkening back to Gretsch’s first golden era.
Golden Era Gretsch
Inspired by the first golden era of Gretsch guitars, the Vintage Select series pays tribute to historic models from Gretsch’s storied past.
Great tone, comfortable playing feel and fantastic style combine to give you a beautiful electric hollowbody guitar that will astound both you, the player, and your captivated audience.
Gretsch G6120T-59 Vintage Select Edition ’59 Chet Atkins Key Features:
- Hollow Body Guitar
- Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- 1959 Style Trestle Bracing
- Vintage “V” Shape Maple Neck
- Ebony Fretboard
- 22 Vintage Style Small Frets
- TV Jones Classic Pickups
- Rocking Bar Bridge
- Grover V98 Sta-Tite Open-Back Machineheads
- Bigsby B6CVT Vibrato Tailpiece
- Includes Hardshell Case
Construction of a Vintage Select Guitar
The body of the Gretsch G6120T-59 is made of laminated Maple and has that classic, unmistakeable gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish with a beautifully eye-catching vintage orange stain.
Adding to the great look of the guitar while ensuring a secure build is aged white binding with black purfling.
1959 style trestle bracing is in use, connecting the top and back of the guitar and delivering authentically vintage, snappy tone.
Attached to the body is a vintage style “V” shaped Maple neck which holds a 12” radius Ebony fretboard carrying 22” vintage style small frets, giving you a classic and comfortable playing experience that is suitable for all styles of music.
The engine that drives the tones of the G6120-59 Vintage Select is a pair of TV Jones Classic pickups which deliver high-quality tone with fantastic dynamics and a lot of articulation – a fantastic recreation of the pickups found during this golden era of Gretsch guitars.
A number of controls allow you to really shape and blend the sound of your pickups for a huge range of tonal variations.
These controls come in the form of two separate volume controls so you can adjust the levels of the neck and bridge pickups individually, a master volume control and a classic three-position pickup selector switch.
The Gretsch G6120T-59 also comes equipped with new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors which give you beautifully smooth high end.
In the body of the G6120T-50 is a pinned “rocking” bar bridge which works together with the Bigsby B6CVT vibrato tailpiece, providing that classic vibrato effect while ensuring stable tuning.
Up on the headstock, there are Grover V98 Sta-Tite open-back tuning machines for extremely precise and super-secure tuning of your strings and at the top of the neck there’s a vintage-style genuine bone nut allowing you strings to slide freely without binding in the slots.
Looks as Good as It Sounds
Gretsch guitars haven’t been so popular for so long just because they do one thing right – they do everything right.
Not only do they sound and play fantastic, they look amazing too.
Classic f-holes adorn the hollowbody, along with its vintage orange stain nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
Being functional as well as looking great is the Bigsby tailpiece that really adds to the vintage look of this amazing guitar.
Minimalist yet super stylish, aged pearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnail position inlays subtly liven up the dark Ebony fretboard while nickel G-Arrow control knobs and a thick plexi pickguard sporting the Gretsch logo finish off the body.
On top of all that, the G6120T-59 comes with a great hardshell case; the perfect way to protect your investment.
Buy the Gretsch G6120T-59 Vintage Select Edition today and have this beautiful guitar that sounds and plays fantastically in your collection.
Gretsch G6120T-59 Vintage Select Edition ’59 Chet Atkins Specs:
- Model Number: 2401353822
- Series: Gretsch® Professional Collection
- Family: Nashville® / G6120
- Colour: Vintage Orange Stain Lacquer
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Build: Hollow Body
- Cutaway: Single Cutaway
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Nashville® / G6120
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Bracing: 1959 Style Trestle
- Body Binding: Aged White with B/I Purfling
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Laminated Maple
- Body Depth: 2.75" (70 mm)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Vintage "V"
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Style Small
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Neo-Classic™ "Thumbnail"
- Headstock: Late '50s Gretsch
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones® Classic
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones® Classic
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
- Bridge: Rocking Bar with Pinned Rosewood Base
- Tuning Machines: Grover® V98 Sta-Tite™ Open-Back
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Strings: NPS, .011-.049 Gauges
- Case: 099-6411-000 G6241 16" Deluxe Hollow Body Hardshell Case, Black
|Shipping Weight (kg)||10.090000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||single cutaway|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||maple body|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!