The Gibson Slash Signed 1966 EDS-1275 Doubleneck Replica Aged Ebony is a beautiful, Custom Shop recreation of an iconic guitar, and would make a great centrepiece to any players collection.
Double Your Appetite
Slash - aka Saul Hudson - blazed a trail across the music scene as part of hard-rockers Guns n' Roses during the 1980's and 1990's.
Renowned for composing some of the most recognisable guitar riffs and solos ever recorded, Slash is often cited as one of the most influential guitarists of the past three decades.
Gibson Slash Signed 1966 EDS-1275 Doubleneck Replica Aged Ebony Highlights
- Custom-shop, twin-necked SG guitar
- An exact replica of the iconic axe used during the recording of Knocking On Heaven's Door
- Combines a traditional 6-String guitar with the natural chime and chorus of a 12-String
- SG body shape, crafted from solid, lightweight Mahogany with an Aged Ebony finish
- Two Solid Mahogany necks, with authentic '66 Medium "C"-Profile shapes
- Indian Rosewood fingerboards with Ceulluloid Split Parallelogram fret markers
- Aged Chrome hardware adds an air of authenticity
- Custombucker Alnico III Humbucker pickups
- Made in Nashville, Tennessee
- Includes deluxe, fitted hardshell case, Slash Concho guitar strap, and Certificate of Authenticity
- Personally signed by Slash himself
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Limited availability - only 125 models to be sold worldwide!
Gibson Custom Shop
Gibson's Nashville-based Custom Shop represents the very pinnacle of crafstmanship, quality, and sound excellent.
Each of these guitars is a celebration of the company's incredible legacy, with each any every minute detail being accurately reproduced to deliver unparalleled authenticity.
In this case we have an accurate re-creation of Slash's iconic EDS-1275 - an SG-style guitar with two necks and four pickups.
Each aspect of this guitar has been recreated to mirror the original as it was when Slash used it to record the likes of Knocking On Heaven's Door - even down to prematurely aged paintwork and hardware!
Two Neck Design
Originally released in 1963, the SG-style Gibson EDS-1275 offered a new two-necked option to guitarists, and was quickly adopted by the likes of Jimmy Page, Don Felder, Steve Miller, and more.
These necks are designed to offer you a standard 6-string option (bottom neck), alongside all of the chorus and chime of a 12-string option (top neck).
Each neck is crafted from Solid Mahogany, and features a period-accurate "C"-profile shape for increased comfort and authenticity.
The necks are adorned with Indian Rosewood fingerboards, and feature Ceulluloid Split Parallelogram fret inlays, adding more than a touch of authentic 60's style to this gorgeous guitar.
Sitting in the Neck and Bridge positions for both halves of this guitar is a set of Custombucker pickups.
These awesome humbuckers are regarded by many to be the "holy grail" of modern pickups, and utilises Alnico III magnets to accurately recreate the famous late 1950s PAF pickups.
In addition to the 3-way toggle switch for choosing between the pickups, you'll notice that the guitar also features another toggle inbetween both tailpieces.
This extra toggle is for choosing which half of the guitar you have active at any one time - in the down position it's the 6-string, and in the up position, the 12-string.
As stated above, this guitar is limited to just 125 worldwide(!!!), however here at PMT we're lucky enough to have gotten our hands on one.
In other words: if you'd like to make this EDS-1275 Slash Signature guitar yours, you might want to act sooner rather than later!
Gibson Slash Signed 1966 EDS-1275 Doubleneck Replica Aged Ebony Specs
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: 1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany
- Weight Relief: None
- Nitrocellulose Lacquer (Aged): Neck
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '66 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Corian
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- End of Board Width: 2.24"
- Inlays: Celluloid Split Parallelogram
- Finish: Chrome - Aged
- Tuner Plating: Chrome - Aged
- Saddle Material: Nylon
- Tailpiece: Aged Chrome - 12 String, Aged Nickel - 6 String
- Tuning Machines: Double Line, Metal Tulip
- Pickguard: Black 5-Ply
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Custom Hot Stamp
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats w/ Silver Inserts
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Control Covers: Black
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Mounting Rings: Black M69
- Pickup Covers: True Historic Chrome - Aged
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III
- Controls: Switchcraft Toggle Switch
- Strings: 6 String - .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046; 12 String - .010, .014, .024, .009, .030, .012, .040, .018, .048, .0.28
- Case: 1275 (included)
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||mahogany necks|
|Pickup Config||4 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string and 12 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||sg style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
November 14, 2017Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.