Gibson SG Standard 61 Maestro Vibrola, Vintage Cherry
OUT OF STOCK
Available to order
The Gibson SG Standard 61 Maestro Vibrola Vintage Cherry is a historically accurate reissue of the original 1961 Gibson "Solid Guitar" (aka SG).
With its slim, lightweight, solid Mahogany body, slim-tapered Mahogany neck, BurstBucker pickups, and vintage-style hardware, it's little wonder that this design has survived for more than half a century in an industry renowned for change.
Gibson SG Standard 61 Maestro Vibrola Vintage Cherry Highlights
- Modern-day reissue of the original '60s Gibson "Solid Guitar"
- Lightweight Mahogany body with that iconic dual cutaway design
- Two BurstBucker 61 pickups with a 3-way selector switch
- Authentic ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge and Maestro Vibrola tailpiece
- Solid slim-taper Mahogany neck, with a long neck tenon, topped with a Rosewood fingerboard
- Includes deluxe hardshell case
- Home Delivery options available
Classically Designed, Iconic Guitar
Originally, the Gibson SG began life as a "new and improved" double cutaway Les Paul. However, Les wasn't sold on the design, and so it was simply named "Solid Guitar" instead.
The name was shortened to SG, and due to the almost-immediate popularity of the guitar, it has stuck until this day.
Unlike the famous Les Paul guitars, the Gibson SG features a much slimmer, more lightweight body. In addition to this, the long tenon neck join allows easier access to the guitar's upper frets.
The end result is a hard-rocking guitar that lends itself well to heavy riffing and searing lead lines with equal vigour. Also, thanks to the much slimmer and lighter body, the Gibson SG Standard 61 offers an incredibly comfortable playing experience, allowing you to perform on stage and in the studio for hours on end.
BurstBucker 61 Pickups
Sitting in the neck and bridge positions, and ready to deliver those vintage SG tones, you'll find a set of BurstBucker 61 humbuckers.
These pickups are specially designed to produce a classic, thick humbucker voice, but with extra power and top end.
Whether you want to bust out some hard-rocking riffs and power chords, or a dynamic solo, these pickups will provide the juice you need.
In place of a stoptail end-piece, this Gibson SG Standard 61 comes equipped with a vintage-style "Maestro Vibrola" vibrato. This offers the option of smooth vibrato effects, allowing you to add subtle inflections and pitch bends to your playing.
Gibson SG Standard 61 Maestro Vibrola Vintage Cherry Specs
- Material: Mahogany
- Body Shape: SG
- Finish: Vintage Cherry
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Nut width: 1.695" / 43.05mm
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut: Graph Tech
- Inlay: Acrylic Trapezoids
- Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Maestro Vibrola
- Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Re ector
- Tuners: Vintage Deluxe w/ Keystone Buttons
- Plating: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Burstbucker 61R
- Bridge Pickup: Burstbucker 61T
- Controls: 2 Volumes, 2 Tones & Toggle Switch (Hand-wired with Orange Drop Capacitors)
Case & SKUs
- Case: Hard Shell Case
- SKU: SG61V00VENH1
|Shipping Weight (kg)||7.000000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Series||Gibson Original Collection|
|Neck Wood||Mahogany Neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||sg style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.
- Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
- Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
- Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
- Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.