Gibson Custom Shop Brian Ray 62 SG Junior Signature Guitar
Availability: IN STOCK
Order before 3pm Mon-Fri for Next Day Delivery
Based around the big-necked 1962 SG, this stunning Gibson Custom Shop piece represents a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get your hands on a Signature Guitar that offers a sublime balance between vintage and modern guitar design.
We expect very limited numbers on this run - act fast to avoid disappointment! Call us for more information on availability or Pre-Order!
Built for the Big Stage
A brainchild of Vic DaPra and Brian Ray himself, this Signature SG invokes the spirit of Brian's famous '65 Epiphone Casino, adorned with a Silver Fox finish. A black pickguard and custom Trapezoid inlay complete the 'tuxedo' look, with the hallmark traits of a kicking SG that cuts through on any big stage. After all, this is the guitar of choice for Brian on Paul McCartney's recent tour - enough said!
Aside from a gorgeous custom paint job, this SG Junior packs more under the hood than meets the eye. For example, the solid mahogany body is also slightly thicker than a normal SG, which offers more low and mid-range punch to the overall tone of the guitar up and down the neck.
Gibson Custom Brian Ray SG Junior Key Features:
- Solid Mahogany Body and Neck
- Indian Rosewood Fretboard with Custom Celluloid Trapezoid Inlay
- Custom Dog-Ear P90 Pickup with Switchable Induction Coil Circuit
- Push/Push Coil Control with Volume and Tone
- Convertible ABR-1 Bridge
- Maestro Short Vibrola Tailpiece
- Custom 'White Fox' Finish
- Custom Shop Hard Case Included
Passive Induction Coil Circuitry
Brian Ray's SG Junior features a passive "Induction Coil" circuit with push-push knob, hidden under the pickguard to reduce RF interference and high-gain noise while preserving the tone of the powerful Custom Dog-Ear P-90 pickup.
Convertable Bridge Design
The clever convertible bridge design gives you the choice between a tune-o-matic ABR-1 or wrap-tail bridge and a Vibrola tremolo or stop bar tailpiece setup - all available in the time it takes to change strings. This makes this SG uniquely versatile in any recording or live performance situation.
About Brian Ray
Best known for his work alongside Sir Paul McCartney, Brian Ray has established himself as one of the most respectable guitarists of the last 4 decades. Originally working for Etta James for 14 years, Brian Ray has shared the big stage with some of the most recognisable guitarists in the world, including Keith Richards, Santana, Bo Diddley and many more. More recently, his work as a member of The Bayonets has helped continue his legacy from 2011 and beyond.
Brian Ray is renowned for working with a wide array of guitars in his collection, but this Gibson '62 SG may just be the pick of the bunch. It combines the hallmark traits of a classic SG, with the secret surprises under the hood that really give this guitar the mercurial X-Factor.
This Custom Shop piece is a must-have for any Brian Ray aficionado, or for any serious SG player that wants something above and beyond the core lineup of 2019 SGs on the market today.
Act fast - we expect very limited stock on this beast! Please call us for more information on availability.
Gibson Custom Shop Brian Ray SG Junior Specifications:
- Material: Solid Mahogany, Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Profile: Custom 1962 Slim Taper
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Dunlop 6100 Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- End of Board Width: 2.24"
- Inlays: Custom Celluloid Trapezoid
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Binding: Fingerboard 1-Ply Cream
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1 with convertible options
- Saddle Material: Nickel-plated Brass
- Tailpiece: Maestro Short Vibrola
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- TrussRod: 2-way Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: Custom Brian Ray Hot-stamped
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats w/ Silver Inserts
- Control Covers: Black
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Pickup Covers: Black Dog-Ear P-90
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Dog-Ear P90 w/ Switchable Induction Coil Circuit
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone with Push/Push for Induction Coil Circuit
- Output Jack: Switchcraft
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Custom Shop Black with Yellow Lining
- Accessories: Brian Ray Certificate of Authenticity
- SKU: SGSJBRWFNH1
|Shipping Weight (kg)||6.000000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Warranty||limited lifetime warranty upon registration with gibson|
|Pickup Config||1 x p90|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||sg style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!