When it comes to creating truly special instruments, there are few guitar makers that can match those at the Gibson Custom Shop - and this guitar is just one of many fine examples that they've created in recent years!
Signature Axe For Tool Guitarist Adam Jones
With the Gibson Adam Jones 1979 Les Paul Custom VOS, seen here with its gorgeous Aged Silverburst finish, you get a stunning example of Gibson Custom Shop ingenuity.
This awesome, limited run guitar helps to recreate one of modern music's most talented and sonically innovative guitar player's prized instruments, and has been hand-made by Gibson's expert luthiers with no detail spared.
Gibson Adam Jones 1979 Les Paul Custom VOS Aged Silverburst Highlights
- Limited Edition, premium-quality signature instrument from the Gibson Custom Shop
- Inpired by Adams own 1979 Les Paul Custom
- Solid Mahogany body, with a bound 3-piece Maple top, and a stunning Aged Silverburst finish
- "Vintage Original Spec" (VOS) means the guitar iss an exact replica of the original, with the same tehcnical specifications, and even the same types of glue used
- Genuine Bone nut and Mother of Pearl block inlays
- A Reverse Mounted Custombucker (Neck position) and Custom-Wound Seymour Duncan DDJ (Bridge) come together to help deliver that classic Adam Jones sound
- Includes a custom Silverburst case with Adam Jones artwok, a headstock mirror, and certificate of authenticity
Adam Jones's favourite guitar is his Silverburst 1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom - a guitar that he's played on countless songs during his time with multi-platinum album-selling prog metal outfit Tool.
For this limited run model, Gibson's team of experts painstakingly researched every aspect of the original - from the neck and body shape, down to the types of paint and glue used - and used that knowledge to help create this modern masterpiece.
Not only that, but Jones himself designed the graphic on the rear of the headstock, and Gibson have even included a replica of his famous headstock mirror for when you want to complete the look.
Another key aspect that's been recreated for this guitar is Adam's choice of pickups: a reverse-mounted Gibson Custombucker at the neck, and a Custom-wound Seymour Duncan DDJ (Distortion) at the bridge.
Gibson Custombuckers are widely regarded as the "holy grail" of modern humbucker pickups, as they deliver the closest approximation to the original PAF sound yet,.
On the other hand, with the bridge pickup you get the famed Seymour Duncan Distortion (DDJ) - a powerful-sounding humbucker, with a thick, biting tone that helps let everyone in the room know just who the boss is.
Together these pickups are the foundation of Adam Jones's signature sound, but they can just as easily be used in pretty much any genre of music to great effect.
Gibson Adam Jones 1979 Les Paul Custom VOS, Aged Silverburst Specs
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Top: 3-piece Maple
- Binding: 7-ply Top (White and Black), 5-ply Back and Headstock (White and Black)
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer (VOS)
- Material: 3-piece Maple
- Profile: Medium C-shape Replicated from Original Guitar
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony, with 1-ply White Binding
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: .110? x .057" (2.79 x 1.45 mm) 18% Nickel Silver Alloy
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Block
- Joint: Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Chrome
- Tuner Plating: Chrome
- Bridge: Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6 with Large Buttons
- TrussRod: Standard
- Truss Rod Cover: 70s Custom
- Control Knobs: Black Speed Knobs
- Switch Tip: Chrome
- Switchwasher: Thick Black
- Jack Plate Cover: Chrome
- Control Covers: Black
- Strap Buttons: Nickel, Diamond-Shaped
- Mounting Rings: Black
- Pickup Covers: Chrome (Neck), None (Bridge)
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker (Reverse-Mounted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custom-Wound Seymour Duncan DDJ
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone; 1 DiMarzio 500 k Volume Pot (Bridge), and 3 CTS Pots, .047uF Orange Drop Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .030, .042, .052
- Case: Custom Silverburst Case with Adam Jones Artwork
- Accessories: Headstock Mirror (in Case), Certificate of Authenticity
|Shipping Weight (kg)||6.000000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Warranty||limited lifetime warranty upon registration with gibson|
|Neck Wood||Mahogany Neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.