Looking to invest in a historically-accurate electric guitar, with classic looks, and incredible tone? Then this VOS 60th Anniversary Les Paul Standard from the Gibson Custom Shop could well be for you!
60s Style, Classic Single Cutaway Guitar
To celebrate the early evolution of the Les Paul, the artisans over at the Gibson Custom Shop have recreated three distinct versions based on models released at various times throughout 1960.
For this guitar we have the V3 - a Les Paul Standard released during the latter third of 1960, which features one of the slimmest necks the Les Paul has ever been created with.
Gibson 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standard V3 Washed Bourbon Burst Highlights
- Limited edition, 60's-style Les Paul Standard from the Gibson Custom Shop
- V3 VOS (Vintage Original Spec) status ensures an incredible level of authenticity
- Solid Mahogany back capped with a Flamed Maple top piece gives that traditional Les Paul look
- Wash Bourbon Burst finish
- Sleek and Slim Mahogany neck sporting a bound 22-fret Rosewood fingerboard with Trapezoid inlays
- Two delightful Custombucker Alnico III pickups deliver that classic PAF-like tone
- ABR-1 bridge and stopbar tailpiece offer pin-point intonation
- Includes deluxe, period-accurate 5-latch hard shell case
- Available for a limited time only!
Vintage Original Spec
To achieve VOS status - as this guitar has - a Gibson guitar needs to feature as much authenticity to the model it represents as possible.
In this case the guitar features the exact same specifications as the same Les Paul Standards released towards the end of 1960 - including the slimmer neck, not to mention the materials and glue used.
True to the original 1960 Les Paul Standard, this 60th Anniversary Custom Shop model features a none-weight-relieved Mahogany back piece, and is capped with a two-piece Figured Maple top, fixed in place with hide glue.
In addition to this, there's a solid Mahogany neck carved with an authentic '60 Skinny C-profile shape, and topped with a Rosewood fingerboard.
Overall the guitar delivers a playing experience that's a combination of rock-solid stability and high-performance - the hallmarks of the guitar it has been built to celebrate.
Over the decades many pickup makers have attempted to recreate the magical tone of the original PAF humbuckers, and many of them fall short - but not with the Gibson Custombucker!
Thanks to the Alnico III magnets in them, these pickups deliver a mellow, smooth, and rounded tone - the closest you can get to the original PAF's - and are favoured by countless professional players the world over.
As mentioned above, this incredible guitar will be available for a limited time only, so we recommend you place your order sooner rather than later to avoid missing out.
Contact our Online Sales Team directly if you'd like to query the availability of this guitar, and don't forget: if you order yours Online you can choose from our fantastic range of Home Delivery options.
Gibson 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Std V3 Washed Bourbon Burst Specs
- Shape: Les Paul
- Material: 1-piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany
- Top: 2-piece Figured Maple, hide glue fit
- Weight Relief: None
- Neck: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '60 Skinny "C" Shape
- Nut Width: 1.687" / 42.85mm
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood, hide glue fit
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut: Nylon
- Inlay: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminium Stop Bar
- Knobs: Amber Butyrate Top Hats w/ Silver Inserts
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line, Double Ring
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone - CTS 500K Audio Taper Pots, Paper-In-Oil Capacitors
- Case: Agend Brown/Pink Reissue 5-latch hardshell case included
- MPN: LPR60VOWBBNH1
|Case Included||hard case|
|Warranty||limited lifetime warranty (upon registration with gibson)|
|Series||gibson original collection|
|Neck Wood||mahogany neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
November 14, 2017Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.