When it comes to vintage guitar recreations, there are few that can match those designed and built at the Gibson Custom Shop.
Vintage Style And Tone, With Modern Playability
The Gibson 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue, seen here with an Iced Tea Burst Finish and VOS status, is a superb electric guitar, that has been created by Gibson's Custom Shop to the exact specifications of the late 1950s originals.
Gibson 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS, Iced Tea Burst Highlights
- Authentic recreation of the legendary 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard
- Solid, non-weight relief Mahogany back, capped with a 2-piece figured Maple top
- Classic "Iced Tea Burst" finish
- Sleek Mahogany neck carved with a period-accurate Medium "C"-profile shape
- Vintage-style wiring, with CS 500K Audio Taper control pots, and Paper-In-Oil Capacitors
- Includes a vintage reissue, 5-latch hard case, with a brown exterior and pink interior
Gibson Custom Shop
Part of the vintage appeal of a genuine late 1950's Les Paul Standard, along with the tone, is the feel of the guitar.
With their Authentic '59 Medium "C" neck profile, and solid, non-weight-relief bodies, these VOS guitars accurately recreate that playing experience.
In addition to this, the natural tones generated by a solid mahogany body, solid mahogany neck, and 2-piece figured maple top, combine perfectly with the Custombucker pickups.
VOS - Vintage Original Spec
Incredibly authentic from the tuners down to the wiring and with its Vintage Original Spec (VOS) status, this guitar looks, feels, and sounds exactly like an original 1959 Les Paul Standard.
To achieve VOS status, Gibson's Custom Shop will have created this guitar from the ground up with period-accurate specs: from the hardware and electronics, to even the type of glue used on the neck and fretboard.
Vintage Gibson Voice
Custombucker pickups have been specially designed at the Gibson Custom Shop to recreate those prized PAF-like characteristics.
Due to the Alnico III magnets used in them, these passive, low-output pickups deliver rich tones, with articulate Mid and High frequencies, for that thick, articulate voice the Les Paul is famous for.
These pickups - when combined with the aforementioned tonewoods - help to recreate those rich-yet-articulate tones that launched the original dual-humbucker Les Paul to stardom.
Gibson 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS, Iced Tea Burst Specs
- Shape: Les Paul
- Back: 1-Piece Lightweight Mahogany
- Top: 2-Piece Figured Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '59 Medium C-Shape
- Nut Width: 1.687" / 42.85mm
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut: Nylon
- Inlay: Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Knobs: Gold Butyrate Top Hats
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line, Single Ring
- Plating: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume/2 Tone CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-inOil Capacitors
- Case: Brown/Pink Reissue 5-Latch
|Shipping Weight (kg)||8.000000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Warranty||limited lifetime warranty upon registration with gibson|
|Neck Wood||Mahogany Neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.