The Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue, seen here with a Lemon Burst finish and VOS status, gives you the chance to own an amazing recreation of a legendary electric guitar.
Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS Lemon Burst Highlights
- Historically authentic recreation of the original '58 Les Paul Standard
- Solid Mahogany back with a two piece Maple top and that iconic single cutaway body shape
- Classic Lemon Burst finish
- VOS (Vintage Original Spec) status
- Solid Mahogany neck with a Chunky "C" profile shape, offers rock-solid comfort and maximum bending leverage
- Rosewood fingerboard, with narrow frets and aged cellulose trapezoid inlays
- Two vintage-voiced Custombucker Alnico III pickups
- Includes a vintage-reissue Lifton 5-latch hard case, with a pink interior; certificate of authenticity; Gibson Custom Switchplate medallion; and Historic Reissue Hang Tags
- Finance options available
Blast from The Past
1958 saw the introduction of the (now) legendary Gibson Les Paul Standard, which was an evolution of the popular Gold Top models.
These iconic instruments were renowned for their weight, and their incredible tone thanks to the tonewoods used and the newly developed PAF humbuckers.
For this 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS, the Gibson Custom Shop has pulled out all of the stops to bring you an approximation of those iconic original Standard models.
One of the most important features in the delivery of that iconic Les Paul tone was the PAF (Patent Applied For) humbucker pickups. Many manufacturers have tried to recreate this tone over the years, and although some have gotten close the magic is often not quite there.
For this guitar though, Gibson have opted to use a set of Custombucker Alnico III pickups - the closest approximation to the original PAF yet!
These low-output humbuckers produce a harmonically rich tone, with articulate Mids and Highs, reminiscent of those late '50s guitars. Whether it's creamy neck position tones, or that thick, biting bridge sound you want, the pickups on this guitar can deliver.
To achieve VOS status, this guitar has been built using exact specifications from the original 1958 model. That means everything from the hardware and electronics, down to even the type of glue used, is an accurate recreation of its progenitor.
Featuring a solid Mahogany back piece (no weight relief), 2-piece Maple top, and a glued-in Mahogany neck with a long tenon joint, this guitar offers a truly authentic vintage playing experience, in terms of feel and tone.
Coming to you in a Lifton reissue 5-latch case to keep it safe, this 1958 Les Paul Reissue is an incredible collector’s item.
Order Yours Today!
Buy the Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue from Professional Music Technology and take this opportunity to add this coveted electric guitar to your collection.
Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS Lemon Burst Specs
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Top: 2-Piece Plain Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Back: 1-Piece Lightweight Mahogany
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Chunky C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Historic Gibson Narrow/Tall
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- End of Board Width: 2.24"
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Saddle Material: Nickel-plated Brass
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminium Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Single Line, Single Ring
- Pickguard: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- TrussRod: Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Control Knobs: Butyrate Gold Top Hats
- Switch Tip: Amber Catalin
- Switchwasher: Silkscreened Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Jack Plate Cover: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Control Covers: Black Royalite
- Strap Buttons: Aluminium
- Mounting Rings: M69 Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Pickup Covers: Authentic Profile Nickel Silver
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: Switchcraft
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories: Gibson Custom Switchplate Medallion (w/ Historic Black Plastic Cover in Case), Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Historic Reissue Hang Tag
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||solid mahogany|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.