Ritchie Blackmore: rock pioneer, metal godfather, and writer of arguably the most recognisable guitar riff of all time (Smoke on the Water) has been associated with the Fender Strat since 1970. And now, as a modern recreation of his most famous model, you can own your very own Fender Ritchie Blackmore Stratocaster Olympic White - complete with its scalloped fretboard and dummy pickup!
Fender Ritchie Blackmore Stratocaster Olympic White Highlights
- Artist Series Ritchie Blackmore Signature Stratocaster
- Striking Olympic White finish
- Maple neck with “U” profile and “bullet” truss rod
- Three-bolt “F”-stamped neck plate with Micro-Tilt
- 7.25”-radius rosewood fingerboard with graduated scalloping and 21 vintage-style frets
- Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Flat SSL-4 single-coil neck and bridge pickups (bridge pickup reverse wound/reverse polarity)
- Non-active middle pickup
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge
- Includes Deluxe Padded Gig Bag
- Finance Options Available
Signature Strat With Bags of 70s Style
Blackmore's unmistakable tone and deft playstyle helped bring the extended guitar solo to the fore of rock and metal music, and he did it with the help of his trusty Strat. This guitar is based on Blackmore's favourite 70's model, and comes complete with those same features unique to him.
Seymour Duncan Pickups
In place of Blackmore's favoured Schecter designed pickups from the 70's, he opted for a pair of Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Flat SSL-4 single coils. The Bridge position pickup features reverse winding and polarity to cancel that dreaded 60-cycle hum.
In true Blackmore fashion though, the middle pickup is an empty case "dummy", leaving you with just the Neck and Bridge pickups to produce sound. However, have no fear, as the pickup selector blade is just a 3-way switch rather than the usual 5-way that you get on modern Strats, giving you options for Bridge, Bridge & Neck, or Neck.
Blackmore's most unusual guitar feature during the 70's was the graduated scalloping on his fingerboard - which has been faithfully reproduced here.
Starting lightly on the low E, A and D strings, and immediated on the G, B and High E, the frets are dug a little deeper than usual into a "U" shape, which reduces friction between fingers and fretboard, making bends and lead techniques quicker and easier.
Other features on this fantastic guitar include a set of Flush-Mount Dunlop Strap Locks, a 70's style Headstock and Decal, and 70's style 3-screw "F"-stamped neck plate which features the Micro-Tilt neck angle adjustment mechanism.
Available to Order
If you have any queries regarding the availability of this fantastic, high-performance guitar, then don't hesitate to contact our Online Sales team or your local PMT Store directly.
Don't forget, if you order online you can use our range of Home Delivery or Store Pickup options!
Fender Ritchie Blackmore Stratocaster Olympic White Specs
- Model Name: Ritchie Blackmore Stratocaster, Scalloped Rosewood Fingerboard, Olympic White
- MPN: 0139010305
- Series: Artist
- Country Of Origin: Mexico
- Color: Olympic White
- Material: Alder
- Finish: Polyester
- Shape: Stratocaster
- Material: Maple
- Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Shape: "U" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Graduated Scalloped Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Style
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Truss Rods: Bullet Style
- Truss Rod Wrench: 1/8" Hex (Allen)
- Bridge Pickup: Reverse Wound/Reverse Polarity Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Flat SSL-4 Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Non-Active "Dummy"
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Flat SSL-4 Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA Bullets 3250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Gig Bag
|Case Included||gig bag|
|Neck Wood||maple neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||stratocaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*