Bringing back the spirit of those experimental early 70's Fender, the limited edition Fender FSR 72 Telecaster Custom MN Bigsby Sunset Orange is a beauty to behold.
With its unmistakable Tele shape, adorned with a fantastic Wide Ranging humbucker and Bigsby Vibrato tailpiece, this high-performance, hot-rodded 70's throwback would make a great addition to any players collection.
Fender FSR 72 Telecaster Custom MN Bigsby Sunset Orange Highlights
- Limited run Telecaster Custom, with Bigsby vibrato bridge and stoptail
- Gorgeous Sunset Orange finish
- Maple neck with “C” profile, “bullet” truss rod, three-bolt neck plate and Micro-Tilt
- 7.25”-radius maple or rosewood fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets
- Fender Wide Range humbucking neck pickup
- Single-coil Telecaster bridge pickup
- Three-way toggle pickup switch on upper shoulder
- Four skirted amp control knobs (volume and tone for each pickup)
- Vintage-style string-through-body Telecaster bridge with three chrome “barrel” saddles
- Finance options available
70's Style Customised Telecaster
During the mid 60s and through to the early 70s, it became commonplace for a guitarist to "hot-rod" their telecaster guitars.
These modifications included using new pickup variations, adding vibrato bridges, utilising a host of new colour schemes, and much more besides.
With the Limited Edition 72 Telecaster Custom, you get a modern homage to those incredibly creative mod ideas, and the end result is an incredible axe that will hold its own on pretty much any stage, even today.
Unusual Pickup Configuration
Unlike a traditional Telecaster, this 72 Telecaster Custom features a Wide Range Humbucker sitting in the guitar's neck position in place of the standard Tele neck single coil.
This pickup expertly evokes the look and design of the early 70's-era Telecaster Thinline, Custom, and Deluxe models, and produces a range of nice, thick, and creamy lead tones that are ideal for rock, blues, and more besides.
In addition to this, we have a traditional Telecaster bridge position single coil pickup. Bright, aggressive-sounding, and full of the hallmark Tele "twang" we all know and love, this pickup sounds great whether played clean or with overdrive.
As this guitar is available in limited numbers, we recommend that you order yours sooner rather than later to avoid missing out.
If you'd like an in-store demonstration, then check to see which stores have this guitar stocked and head on down there to chat with one of our resident guitar experts - you won't regret it!
Alternatively, order yours online today and choose from our fantastic range of Home Delivery and Store Pickup options.
Fender FSR 72 Telecaster Custom MN Bigsby Sunset Orange Specs
- Body: Ash
- Shape: Telecaster
- Bridge: Bigsby
- Finish: Sunset Orange
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Finish: Natural
- Neck: Maple
- Profile: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Radius: 7.25"
- Frets: 21 Vintage Style
- Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650"
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: Classic Series Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: Fender "Wide Range" Humbucker
- Controls: 2 x Volume, 2 x Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage "F" Stamped
- Neck Plate: 3-Bolt "F" Stamped w/Micro-Tilt
- Truss Rod: Bullet Style
- Hardware: Chrome
|Neck Wood||maple neck|
|Pickup Config||1 x humbucker 1 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||telecaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||ash body|
December 9, 2014Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*