Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster RW Lucerne Aqua Firemist
Availability: OUT OF STOCK
Available to Order from our Suppliers
As far as signature guitars go, there are few that can match the Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster RW Lucern Aqua Firemist in terms of playability or tonality.
Renowned in guitar circles for his constant desire to achieve the perfect tone, Eric Johnson worked closely with Fender in a bid to produce the guitar that could allow him to do so.
Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster RW Lucerne Aqua Firemist Highlights
- Fender Artist Series signature Stratocaster in a gorgeous Lucerne Aqua Firemist finish, Co-Designed by Eric Johnson
- Quartersawn Maple neck with Soft "V" shape and vintage tint
- Extra smooth Neck to Headstock volute
- Deep-contoured '57 style lightweight Alder body
- Custom-voiced Single Coil pickups add plenty of flair to that characteristically versatile Strat tone
- 1957 style body cavities
- 12" radius Rosewood fingerboard with Pearloid Dot inlays
- Height staggered vintage-style tuners eliminate the need for String Trees
- Vintage tremolo with Silver Painted Block and '57 style string recess
- 5 tremolo springs for increased tension and stability, and no back tremolo cover plate
- Includes deluxe hardshell case, woven strap, 15ft cable, and "Ash Tray" bridge cover
- Home Delivery options available
A Unique Modern Take on a Classic
You'd be forgiven for assuming at first glance that this was merely "another Strat", but once you look closer and even pick the guitar up, the differences will be apparent.
Featuring that familiar Strat body shape, with its double-cutaway design for easy fret access, and a maple neck topped with Rosewood, this guitar looks as "Strat-like" as anybody could wish for, but let's delve a little deeper and see what's different.
Co-Designed by Johnson
Eric Johnson approached the design of this Stratocaster in the same way that he approaches his guitar playing: with meticulous attention to detail ensuring that the end product is perfect.
Some of the changes he insisted upon over a more modern Strat may seem a little unusual at first, but each of them makes perfect sense in context.
First of all, there's the quartersawn Maple Neck with a soft "V" profile, a nod towards those vintage Strats that Eric loves, and ideal for guitarists who like to play with their thumb over the edge of the fingerboard.
In addition to this, there's an extra-smooth Neck to Headstock volute, adding extra comfort when playing closer to the guitars nut.
Custom Voiced Pickups
Secondly, there's the awesome pickups. Designed through close collaboration with Eric Johnson and Fender's R&D engineers, these pickups are perfect for Johnson's uniquely articulate sound.
Each pickup is unique in structure and performance, in line with Erics needs, and are a key element of his unmistakably pure tone.
- Neck Pickup - utilises oversized Alnico 3 magnets, and tonally inspired by a '54 Strat neck pickup
- Middle Pickup - reverse-wound to cancel hum, and based on a '63 Strat pickup with specially-treated Alnico magnets
- Bridge Pickup - Specially voiced to be hotter than your typical bridge position without compromising that familiar top-end sparkle, and made using Alnico 5 magnets
The overall result is a unique blend of beautiful Vintage and Modern tones at your fingertips, with plenty of juice on tap if you really want to dig in.
Thirdly, Eric and Fender have pulled out all of the stops to ensure this guitar is as high-performance as possible. Whether it's the afore-mentioned Soft "V" neck and smooth volute, the 12" radius bound Rosewood fingerboard, or the deep-contoured '57-style lightweight body, you get as comfortable and easy a ride as is possible with this axe.
As if the guitar on its own wasn't enough, it also comes complete with a deluxe Hardshell Case, a high-quality Levys Woven Strap, a 15ft Fender Koil Cords guitar cable, and even an "Ash Tray" bridge cover, for when you really want to go for the vintage look.
Contact Us To Know More
If you'd like to know more about the availability of this guitar, simply contact our Online Sales Team directly.
Alternatively, order your own Eric Johnson signature Stratocaster online today, and use our fantastic range of Home Delivery options.
Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster RW Lucerne Aqua Firemist Specs
- Model Name: Eric Johnson Stratocaster, Rosewood Fingerboard, Lucerne Aqua Firemist
- MPN: 0117700899
- Series: Artist
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Lucerne Aqua Firemist
- Material: Alder
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Shape: Stratocaster
- Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Soft "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12" Radius
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Middle Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Neck Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Staggered
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Parchment Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA 250R, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Blonde Hardshell Case, Levy's Woven Strap, 15' Koil Kords Cable, "Ash Tray" Bridge Cover
|Shipping Weight (kg)||10.750000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||Maple Neck|
|Pickup Config||3 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||stratocaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
*Click here for more about our local Click and Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
If you have bought something in-store or Online and want to return it back to a PMT Shop, the PMT crew can offer you a refund if you return your item within 14 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.*
*Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.