The Fender Custom Shop 2017 limited edition Journeyman Twisted Tele, seen here in an aged White Blonde gives you a classic Telecaster equipped with a Bigsby, Twisted Tele pickups and other great features.
Limited Edition Telecaster with Bigsby
Strictly limited edition, we only have a few left in stock and when these are gone they are gone.
Specially crafted by the Fender Custom Shop for a 2017 limited edition, the legendary Telecaster returns with some classic features, Twisted Tele pickups and a Bigsby.
Fender Custom Shop 2017 Limited Edition Journeyman Twisted Tele Key Features:
- Aged White Blonde
- Bigbsy B5 Bridge and Tailpiece
- Twisted Tele Pickups
- Rift Sawn Maple Neck with 10/56 “V” Back Shape
- Maple Fretboard with Modern 9.5” Radius
- Comes with Fender Custom Shop Strap, Certificate of Authenticity and More
- Includes Deluxe Hardshell Case
Crafting the Twisted Tele
Making up the distinctive single-cutaway body of the Telecaster, Fender have used Ash.
Known for its well-defined midrange and strong low end, Ash is strong and dense and is a very popular body wood for Fender guitars.
Not only does the great design look cool but it’s functional too, with the cutaway allowing for easy reach of the higher frets which is essential for wailing solos and other adventurous playing styles.
Attached to the body is a rift sawn Maple neck with a 10/56 “V” back-shape. Atop the neck is a classic Maple fingerboard with a modern 9.5” radius and jumbo frets for great playability.
Journeyman Relic Ageing
Having been given the Journeyman Relic treatment, this guitar looks as though it has been well loved and well looked after.
Some moderate ware, finish checking and the odd ding along with slightly dulled hardware gives the appearance of an instrument that has come all the way from decades past, performed a few shows but has mostly been taken care of at home.
Twisted Telecaster Pickups
Giving this limited edition Telecaster its incredible sound is a pair of Twisted Telecaster pickups to have been hand wound and tailored to their specific positions.
With Alnico 5 magnets for increased focus and improved dynamics, these Twisted Tele pickups have flush-mount polepieces ensuring even response across all six strings.
The neck pickup has formvar-coated magnet wire which adds a certain brightness and clear glassiness to your tone while the enamel-coated bridge pickup magnet wire gives you warmer, vintage-style tones.
A taller bobbin has been used on the neck pickup so that it can hold more windings while the bridge pickup has a shorter bobbin, giving you a darker sounding, full-bodied midrange.
A three-position toggle allows you to select how you want to use your pickups while volume and tone controls allow for further sonic sculpting.
One great aspect that really sets the Twisted Tele apart from most Telecasters you’re going to see out there is the inclusion of a Bigsby B5 Bridge and tailpiece.
While adding an awesome, old-school and unique look to the guitar the Bigsby allows you to get that great tremolo performance in your sound.
Up on the headstock is a set of Vintage-Style tuning machines offering fantastically precise and secure tuning of your strings with that all-important vintage aesthetic.
When It’s Gone, It’s Gone
Being a 2017 limited edition, this is your last chance to buy one of these incredible guitars.
A twisted take on a classic instrument, this awesome iteration of the Fender Telecaster would be a fantastic addition to your guitar collection.
Don’t miss out and by now at PMT Online with Free Next Day Delivery available.
Fender Custom Shop 2017 Limited Edition Journeyman Twisted Tele Specs:
- Model Name: LIMITED EDITION JOURNEYMAN TWISTED TELE® - AGED WHITE BLONDE
- Model #: 9235000492
- Series: Custom Limited
- Colour: Aged White Blonde
- Body: 2-Piece Select Ash with Offset Seam
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple Rift Sawn
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 10/56 "V" Back-Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Micarta Black
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Single-Coil "Twisted" Tele®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound "Twisted" Tele® Single-Coil
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: Bigsby® B5 Bridge and Tailpiece
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome Relic®
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment Relic®
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
- Dimensions: 7.75x17.50x46.00 IN
- Weight: 22.85 LB
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||rift sawn maple|
|Pickup Config||2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||telecaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||ash body|
November 14, 2017Read Article
August 8, 2016Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.