The Fender Custom Shop limited edition ’56 Fat Roasted Strat, seen here in a sleek, aged Black, is a limited edition Stratocaster with hand wound Fat ‘60s pickups and some great features.
Fat Roasted Stratocaster from the ‘50s
A fantastic recreation of the classic Fender Strats from the 1950s, the ’56 Fat Roasted Stratocaster has a number of great features to enhance tone and playability while harkening back to the golden era of rock ‘n’ roll music.
Strictly limited edition, we are on our last few of this amazing guitar so act now to avoid disappointment.
Fender Custom Shop 2017 Limited Edition '56 Fat Roasted Strat Relic Key Features:
- Relic Ageing
- Closet Classic Hardware
- AA Birdseye Maple Neck with 10/56 “V” Shaped Profile
- 9.5” Radius Maple Fingerboard
- American Vintage Synchronised Tremolo
- Fender Custom Shop Hand Wound Fat ‘60s Pickups
- Includes Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap and Certificate of Authenticity
Crafting a Classic
For the body of the ’56 Fat Roasted Stratocaster, Fender have used Roasted Alder. Being roasted, this wood's tonal properties have been altered with added richness and depth.
The profile of the Stratocaster is one of the most popular and recognisable guitar designs in history with the double cutaway allowing for easy reach of the higher frets; perfect for performing solos and other high-climbing performances.
Attached to the body is a medium roasted AA Birdseye Maple neck with a 10/56 “V” shaped profile giving you that period-accurate grip in your fretting hand.
Atop the neck is a AA Birdseye Maple fretboard with 6100 Jumbo frets and a modern 9.5” radius for enhanced playability.
Custom Shop Hand Wound Pickups
Giving the ’56 Fat Roasted Stratocaster its great sounding, versatile tone is a set of three Fender Custom Shop hand-wound Fat ‘60s single-coil Strat pickups with the middle pickup being reverse-wound reverse-polarity.
These pickups give you the fantastic sound of classic Stratocasters with beautifully crisp articulation.
Their overwound design adds low-end punch for a little modern edge to your sound while bevelled alnico 2 magnets ensure warm and sweet output.
Formvar magnet wire and period-correct cloth wire and fibre bobbins are in use for a truly authentic vintage experience.
Allowing for further control of your sound, you’ll find a Master Volume knob, two tone knobs and a five-position blade so you can select exactly how you want to use the Fat ‘60s pickups.
All the hardware on this guitar is nickel/chrome and has a “closet classic” ageing which gives it a slight wearing to perfectly complement the relic ageing of the instrument itself.
On the body of the ’56 Fat Roasted Stratocaster is a 6-saddle vintage-style synchronised tremolo bridge allowing for great whammy action while keeping your strings perfectly aligned and intonated.
Up on the headstock, you’ll find vintage-style tuning machines offering precise and secure tuning of your strings and that all-important retro-aesthetic.
Last Chance to Buy
Being a Fender Custom Shop guitar, the ’56 Fat Strat comes with a premium Fender Custom Shop strap, a set of picks, a Certificate of Authenticity and other accessories and delivered to you in a deluxe hardshell case – the perfect way to protect your investment.
A limited edition for 2017, when they’re gone they are gone so buy now to avoid disappointment.
Fender Custom Shop 2017 Limited Edition '56 Fat Roasted Strat Relic Specs:
- Model Name: LIMITED EDITION RELIC® '56 FAT ROASTED STRATOCASTER® - AGED BLACK
- Model #: 9235000495
- Series: Custom Limited
- Colour: Aged Black
- Body: Roasted Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Medium Roasted AA Birdseye Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 10/56 "V" Back-Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: AA Birdseye Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: 6100 Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Micarta Black
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat '60s Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat '60s RWRP Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat '60s Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome Closet Classic
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold Anodized
- Control Knobs: Vintage White Relic®
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
- Dimensions: 6.25x17.40x43.80 IN
- Weight: 24.21 LB
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||medium roasted aa birdseye maple|
|Pickup Config||3 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||stratocaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
November 14, 2017Read Article
August 8, 2016Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.