Fender American Pro Jazz Bass, Maple Neck, Olympic White
Upon its introduction in 1960, the Fender Jazz Bass set a new benchmark for great low-end tone, playability and style. On face value, the 2017 Jazz Bass remains as iconic as ever - why change a winning formula, right? However, under the hood lies a host of new refinements to make this the most comfortable and rich-sounding basses in the Fender line-up. A truly dependable, trustworthy bass that seasoned players can really get stuck into, without compromise.
An All-American classic with rock-solid stability
This year's run of American-made Fender Basses further enhance what made the original Jazz Basses great - Speed, comfort and great tone. The vintage offset waist body stays true to its roots, but Fender have paid particular attention to what's going on in the finer details - new pickups, improved hardware and a new neck profile with narrow-tall frets.
Developed by pickup master Michael Bump, the brand-new V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups use a carefully selected blend of alnico magnet types for balanced tone with authentic Fender sonic DNA.
Designed for comfort and performance, the slim modern “C”-shaped neck profile will suit most playing styles, while the narrow-tall frets provide a familiar playing feel and perfect intonation.
Posiflex graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting warping. The redesigned tuning machines use a fluted shaft, creating the optimum break angle over the nut while keeping the string windings tight for increased sustain and enhanced tuning stability.
2017 American Professional Jazz Bass Features:
- Narrow-tall frets
- Fluted-shaft tuning machines
- Bone nut
- Posiflex graphite rods
- New “Thin C”-shaped neck profile
- Body Material - Alder
- Body Finish - Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck - Maple, "Slim-C"
- Neck Finish - Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Head-Stock Face
- Fingerboard - Maple, 9.5" (241 mm)
- Frets - 20, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays - Black Dot (Maple)
- Nut (Material/Width) - Bone, 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Tuning Machines - Fender "F" Lightweight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Scale length - 34" (864 mm)
- Bridge - 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Pickguard - 3-Ply Mint Green or 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups - V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching - NA
- Controls - Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs - Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Hardware Finish - Nickel/Chrome
- Case/Gig Bag - Elite Molded Case
|Case Included||hard case|
|Nut Width||38.1 mm|
|Pickup Config||2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||4 string|
|Body Material||alder body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||jazz style|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*