Faith's PJE Legacy Series guitars have been built by focusing solely on Mr Eggle's historic acoustic body shapes. The Earth, for example, is based on the classic PJE 'Linville' model, a true Orchestra shaped guitar with a set of distinguishing features that makes for a unique tonal palette.
Sets a New Bar for Professional Excellence
Based on plans hand-drawn by Patrick Eggle himself, the Faith PJE Legacy Earth features a torrefied Sitka Spruce top - prematurely aged to give it the same tonal properties of a much older tonewood - sitting on a back and sides made from African Khaya Mahogany.
The overall result is a guitar with real power and depth of tone, producing sounds that are distinct and harmonically rich, yet incredibly mellow, with a relatively shallow body design that's most certainly comfortable to play.
In order to get the very best out of the solid Sitka Spruce top, Faith have prematurely aged the wood using the kiln-ageing process known as torrefaction. This sees the wood air-dried prior to being roasted in a kiln with precise control over both atmosphere and oxygen levels to reduce moisture content, with moisture then re-added in precise amounts as the wood cools.
The torrefaction process leaves the Sitka Spruce with the same tonal characteristics that is normally achieved through 20 years of maturing to achieve under normal circumstances.
No high-end Faith guitar would be complete without its array of premium-grade extras to help it achieve such lofty heights, and the Legacy Earth is no different. Featuring solid high-figure, Flamed Maple bindings, figured Ebony fingerbords and bridges, bone nuts, saddles and bridge pins, and (a first for Faith) a solid figured Ebony pickguard, this guitar guitar oozes class from every pore.
Spread the Cost
Whilst the cost of this Faith PJE Legacy Earth most certainly reflects the quality of the guitar, it may seem a little out of reach for some of you. However, here at PMT we have a wide range of Home Delivery options available (including with 0% Interest), which will help you spread the cost over several months!
- Pickguard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Top Wood: Torrefied Canadian Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: African Khaya Mahogany
- Side Wood: African Khaya Mahogany
- Binding: Solid Flamed Maple
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard Macassan: Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Rotomatic 18:1 Nickel
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: Natural Bone
- Nut Width: 45mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Natural Bone
- Finish Type: PU Lacquer High Gloss all-over
- Preamp / Pickup: Fishman Flex Blend / Condenser Mic
- Hardcase: Faith Premium Hardcase Included
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||mahogany neck|
|Pickup Config||1x under saddle|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||orchestra model cutaway|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.