Straight from the master luthiers at Epiphone - the DR-500MCE represents superb value for money for an all-solid-wood electro acoustic guitar from a brand you can trust. With lovely 'Masterbilt' series aesthetic and rich, warm wood straight out the box - the DR500MCE makes for a superb live performance guitar or something to jam with at home.
Solid Wood Electro Acoustic with Cutaway
All Solid Wood Quality and Tone
When it comes to acoustic guitar tone and quality, nothing performs like an all-solid wood instrument. Harking back to the 1930's and Epiphone's heritage as masters of acoustic guitar design, the Epiphone Masterbilt Collection combines traditional construction methods and historic features with premium all solid tone woods to bring you a new "vintage" instrument with deep rich lows, shimmering highs and a balanced mid-range.
While many other guitars in this price class use pressed backs, spliced neck joints and even artificial wood backs and sides, you can be assured that every Masterbilt holds true to it's all solid wood promise.
Revolutionary Stereo Pickups
Under the bone saddle, is Shadow's proprietary NanoFlex, low-impedance pickup. Not a piezo, this unique flexible sensing material features integrated active electronics that not only picks string vibration but also top and body vibrations as well for a truly acoustic tone without the harshness of piezos.
The Masterbilt Story
First released in June 1931, the original Epiphone Masterbilts made a big impression on musicians from all styles of music and the new Masterbilts have done the same. The original Epiphone Masterbilt catalog made the promise:
"The possessor of an EPIPHONE instrument has the assurance that every possible precaution has been taken to build instruments for lifetime performance and pleasure."
Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE Specifications:
- Top Material: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body Material: Soild Mahogany
- Side Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany; 1-piece plus heel
- Neck Shape Options: SlimTaper; D profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In; Dove-Tail with hide glue
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard: Mother-of-pearl Split-Diamond Inlays
- Neck Pickup: Shadow NanoMag
- Bridge Pickup: Shadow NanoFlex
- Electronics: eSoinc-2 Stereo Preamp
- Controls: eSonic2 preamp with built-in tuner, stereo output, Master Volume Pot, NanoMag EQ Pot, NanoFlex EQ Pot, Phase "Anti-Feedback" Switch, Electronic Tuner Activation w/Output Mute Switch
- Binding: Body = 6 ply; Neck = 1 ply, Headstock = 3 ply
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Frets: 20; medium
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover Sta-Tite 18:1 ratio
- Finish: Gloss body; Satin neck
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.