THE BEST JUST GOT BETTER – PMT BIRMINGHAM THE UK’S LARGEST GUITAR STORE IS SET TO MOVE TO A BRAND-NEW, PURPOSE-BUILT HOME THIS JUNE.
The music industry-leading, award-winning retailer Professional Music Technology’s (PMT) flagship store, PMT Birmingham, is moving from its current location to brand-new premises at Trident Retail Park, with big plans for a very Grand Opening on Saturday 15th June 2019.
Professional Music Technology Birmingham has been on Lawley Middleway since 2001, but due to major redevelopment, the store will be moving just 5 minutes down the road to Trident Park to give customers a brand-new, hassle-free experience.
PMT Birmingham’s reputation has been that of the UK’s largest and most respected guitar shop for the past eighteen years, serving the likes of Robert Plant, Noel Gallagher, Stereophonics, Radiohead, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, The Prodigy and Tony Iommi to name a few.
It has seen thousands of musicians come through its doors over the years, and is looking forward to welcoming many more in its new home along with the familiar faces that have been visiting the store, in some cases, for their weekly pilgrimage!
WHAT'S SO GOOD ABOUT THE NEW PMT BIRMINGHAM LOCATION?
The new store will feature Europe’s first truly unique in-store shopping experiences from two of the world-leading music brands, Yamaha and Roland.
The ‘Yamaha Premium Centre’, the first of its kind in the world, will be taking over the entire mezzanine floor at the new PMT Birmingham location and will feature the full range of musical instruments and equipment from Yamaha and Line 6, including guitars, amplifiers, effects, studio and PA equipment, drum kits and more.
The ‘Roland Store’ will feature a fully dedicated area showcasing some of the brand’s latest and most iconic gear, all of which will be available to try with the aid of a dedicated in-house Roland & BOSS Expert.
The store will also include a number of existing features, such as the much-loved Hi-Tech area that has all the latest gear for DJs, producers and audiophiles; catering for lovers of Korg, Teenage Engineering, Shure, ADAM Audio, Native Instruments, Pioneer, KRK, PreSonus, Nord and Aston Microphones products.
The ‘Premier Taylor Room’ will feature double the amount of Taylor Guitars than the current store, plus there will be a newly built ‘Martin Heritage Room’ where you can play some of the most sought-after acoustic guitars in the world.
There will also be a new Orange Amplifier demo booth, which will be available for somewhere more private to rock out or try out multiple amps or guitars. And of course, Europe’s largest single guitar wall is being lovingly rebuilt to ensure we get even more electric guitars and basses from Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, PRS, Yamaha and more in the new Birmingham store.
A full concert-sized stage, dressed for live acts with fantastic PA systems and lighting (all of which is available to buy in-store too), will also be installed so PMT can host live music, signings, and masterclasses with brands and artists.
Plus, a larger and more accessible free 65-space car park will be available for customers.
WHEN IS THE NEW PMT BIRMINGHAM STORE OPEN?
The Grand Opening of PMT Birmingham will take place on Saturday 15th June from 9:30 AM, so make sure you’re there early to watch our special guests commence with the ribbon cutting!
There will be special offers, discounts and giveaways running for the entire weekend, plus, the first 200 customers on the Grand Opening day will also receive a Bostin’ Brummie goodie bag that will be filled with branded merchandise from PMT and other musical instrument brands.
And one lucky winner may just find a £100 voucher in their goodie bag to spend in store!
SPECIAL GUESTS ANNOUNCED!
We're lucky to have four fantastic guitarists helping us open the new store at the Grand Opening! They are:
- Bernie Marsden - Guitarist and songwriter for Whitesnake and UFO. Bernie will also be unveiling his signature Marshall Amps on the Grand Opening.
- Toby Lee - 14-year-old blues and rock guitar player who has played with Joe Bonamassa, Walter Trout, and Ronnie Baker Brooks.
- Chris Buck - Guitarist for Buck and Evans and YouTube sensation, commended by Slash himself.
- Alex Hutchings - Professional guitarist, composer, and Roland & BOSS artist who is currently on tour with Stephen Wilson from Porcupine Tree.
- Bev Bevan - Birmingham local drumming legend Bev Bevan and one of the founding members of rock pioneers Electric Light Orchestra, The Move, Quill and touring drummer for Black Sabbath will be at PMT Birmingham Grand Opening. Plus, Bev will be joined by Joy Strachan-Brain of the band Quill too.
- Roland Experts - the whole Roland UK crew will be at PMT Birmingham to offer you excellent advice and support on Roland and BOSS gear all weekend! At the event Guitar Expert Mark Harley, Piano Expert Remie Pascua, Drum Expert Michael Thomas and Hi-Tech Expert Andy Pimpblott will be there.
In the run-up to the big move, make sure you visit PMT Birmingham in its current location, as there is a huge sale on in-store, and everything (including the shop fittings!) must go.
If you’re looking for a bargain on a new guitar, drum kit, synth or even lighting, make sure you head into the old PMT store.
WHERE IS THE NEW PMT BIRMINGHAM STORE?
The new address for PMT Birmingham is Unit 4, Trident Retail Park, 6 Westley Street, Birmingham, B9 4EH.