Akai MPK249 combines the performance power of their MPC series with a response MIDI keyboard for unrivalled DAW control.
49-note Semi-weighted Keybed with Aftertouch, 16 Performance Pads, 8 Assignable Faders/Buttons/Encoders, Arpeggiator, and Transport Controls
Akai Professional and Propellerhead Software have joined forces for this fabulous, limited-time special offer, which allows new and existing users of this product to download a copy of Reason Lite absolutely free of charge!
Reason Lite offers:
- Plug n' Play spport for Akai Professional MIDI controllers
- A selection of studio grade production and mixing tools
- 9 premium instruments
- 11 effect processors
- Softube powered guitar and bass amplifiers
- Genre-spanning 2+GB sample library
- Expansion options via VST and Rack Extension plugins
To claim your free copy of Reason Lite, simply register your eligible Akai hardware on your akaipro.com User Account, copy the personalised Reason Lite licence, then head on over to Propellerhead's website (https://www.propellerheads.se/reason-lite/akai) and activate your product, which you can then download.
Designed to erase the line between hardware control and software performance, the new Akai MPK249 includes the ability to send QWERTY-style commands using soft-controls, a low-power mode for iOS connectivity via the Camera Connection Kit and enhanced response from the refined keybed.
Included in the bundle is a ton of software to play with including Ableton Live Lite and MPC Essentials – a powerful sample-basedgroove production application – and spectral morphing synth Twist from SONiVOX.
Direct Control - VIP Software
The MPK249 and VIP software work together to give you even deeper access to sorting and manipulating your VST virtual instrument and FX plugin library. An integrated patch browser presents every patch for every VST plugin you have, and lets you to quickly filter, select and preview patches based on their specific attributes. You can layer patches together (from up to 8 different VST plugins) to create new patches and timbres. You can also create setlists that provide instant on-demand access to your instruments for stage performance and studio work.
- Plays virtually every VST compatible plugin
- Operates as a standalone virtual instrument player for your computer
- Also operates as a plugin within any AU, VST, or AAX compatible DAW
- Organizes your plugin collection with intuitive browsing by plugin, artist collection instrument type, timbre and more
- Access, edit, and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time
- Setlist feature lets live performers switch between patches from any plugin instantly from the keyboard
- Etensive key zone splitting, custom mapping, and instrument mixing options
- Pre-mapped to hundreds of industry-leading virtual insturments
- Unlimited instances of VIP may be run in a DAW
NEW VIP 3.0 Update
As of September 2017, Akai have announced the release of VIP3.0! This latest update of their critically acclaimed VIP software is even more efficient, and is now available on a wider-range of controllers than ever before!
All new features within VIP 3.0 include the following:
- VIPMS (VIP Native Plugin Map Standard) - 3rd party VST and Effect developers can now develop their own personal plugin maps, allowing for enhanced and seamless intergration with VIP, fully opening these plugins to VIP's superior workflow
- MIDI Learn - allows you to seamlessly map your MIDI controller's hardware controls to specific parameters within the software, enabling instant access and more efficient levels of creativity - this feature makes especially good use of the extensive libraries for MIDI controller mappings on both Akai Professional and M-Audio keyboards.
- Pad Chord Progressions - using a VIP-enabled keyboard controller's pads, you can now easily play preset chord progressions
- Key Control modes - these allow you to play scales, harmonised chords or even chord progressions from your VIP keyboard
As a special addition owners of the Akai MPK249 and MPK261 will also receive AIR Music Tech’s high-definition Hybrid 3 virtual synth.
- 49 semi-weighted, full-size keys
- 16 MPC pads with RGB illuminated feedback
- 8 assignable control knobs
- 8 assignable faders Updated control layout with backlit LCD screen
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Comprehensive transport & parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- Pitch bend, modulation and octave controls for dynamic performances
- Expression & sustain pedal jack inputs
- Comprehensive production software package included: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist 2.0 & Akai Pro MPC Essentials
|Number of Keys||49 keys|
Akai MPK249 Review
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*