Akai Professional MPK Mini MK2 USB MIDI Controller
Availability: IN STOCK
Order before 3pm Mon-Fri for Next Day Delivery
The Akai MPK Mini MKII is the best-selling mobile MIDI keyboard for protable music production. Whether you're on the move or just need something compact for the studio, Akai MPK MINI 2 is the hub of your musical ideas.
Compact 25 note mini keyboard with MPC-Style pads & 8 rotary controllersTraditional synths and MIDI Keyboards can be bulky and heavy to move between your studio spaces. The Akai MPK Mini MK2 is small enough to slide into a backpack or laptop case, but offers comprehensive control over your music software.
The MPC-style drum pads can be used to lay down drum grooves or trigger samples, with 8 rotary control knobs for dynamic control over synths, filters and any automation.
The Akai MPK Mini 2 comes with a whole bunch of advanced music production software titles including MPC Essentials – a powerful sample-based groove production application – and spectral morphing synth Twist from SONiVOX. Start making music out the box, or use it with your existing DAW or sequencer.
Akai MPK Mini MKII Key Features:
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- New 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch/modulation control
- 8 MPC pads with Note Repeat
- 8 assignable control knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins and more
- Ultra-compact design lets you create anywhere
- USB-powered; no power adapter required
- Comprehensive production software package included: Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Wobble 2.0
Direct Control - VIP Software
The MPK Mini MKII and VIP software work together to give you even deeper access to sorting and manipulating your VST virtual instrument and FX plugin library. An integrated patch browser presents every patch for every VST plugin you have, and lets you to quickly filter, select and preview patches based on their specific attributes. You can layer patches together (from up to 8 different VST plugins) to create new patches and timbres. You can also create setlists that provide instant on-demand access to your instruments for stage performance and studio work.
VIP Software Features:
- Plays virtually every VST compatible plugin
- Operates as a standalone virtual instrument player for your computer
- Also operates as a plugin within any AU, VST, or AAX compatible DAW
- Organizes your plugin collection with intuitive browsing by plugin, artist collection instrument type, timbre and more
- Access, edit, and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time
- Setlist feature lets live performers switch between patches from any plugin instantly from the keyboard
- Etensive key zone splitting, custom mapping, and instrument mixing options
- Pre-mapped to hundreds of industry-leading virtual insturments
- Unlimited instances of VIP may be run in a DAW
- NEW VIP 3.0 Update
As of September 2018, Akai have announced the release of VIP3.0! This latest update of their critically acclaimed VIP software is even more efficient, and is now available on a wider-range of controllers than ever before.
All new features within VIP 3.0 include the following:
- VIPMS (VIP Native Plugin Map Standard) - 3rd party VST and Effect developers can now develop their own personal plugin maps, allowing for enhanced and seamless intergration with VIP, fully opening these plugins to VIP's superior workflow
- MIDI Learn - allows you to seamlessly map your MIDI controller's hardware controls to specific parameters within the software, enabling instant access and more efficient levels of creativity - this feature makes especially good use of the extensive libraries for MIDI controller mappings on both Akai Professional and M-Audio keyboards.
- Pad Chord Progressions - using a VIP-enabled keyboard controller's pads, you can now easily play preset chord progressions
- Key Control modes - these allow you to play scales, harmonised chords or even chord progressions from your VIP keyboard
For owners of the larger Akai MIDI Keyboard series, owners of the MPK249 and MPK261 will also receive AIR Music Tech’s high-definition Hybrid 3 virtual synth, while MPK261 owners also receive SONiVOX Eighty-Eight Ensemble.
|Shipping Weight (kg)||1.000000|
|Software Included||Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Wobble 2.0|
|Power Supply||USB Bus Powered|
|Number of Keys||25 keys|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
*Click here for more about our local Click and Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
If you have bought something in-store or Online and want to return it back to a PMT Shop, the PMT crew can offer you a refund if you return your item within 14 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.*
*Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.