We are looking for a highly knowledgeable and enthusiastic Drums and Percussion Specialist to join the PMT purchasing team.
Reporting to the Operations Director against strategic KPI’s, you will be responsible for continued performance and growth of category revenues and profits in your remit, throughout the Omni Channel business model.
- Management and continued development of supplier relationships
- Negotiation and management of all pricing, terms and schedules
- Budget management, forecasting, purchasing and inventory management
- Profile selection and management across all retail and warehouse locations
- Working closely with the operations team to devise and improve merchandising and marketing decisions
- Identifying trends and gaps in the market to ensure a competitive and comprehensive range of products
- In house brand product development within category both locally and internationally from design to manufacture
Desirable skills and experience
- A comprehensive knowledge of drums and percussion, including a good understanding of the market
- Established track record within retail, ecommerce, purchasing and marketing within the MI industry
- An inquisitive entrepreneurial mind-set with the capability to think of new innovative commercial ideas
- Organised, excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- A proactive approach who can deliver against multiple deadlines
- Clear and efficient communication as you will frequently be liaising with multiple locations
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- A very keen eye for detail
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A passion for drum and percussion products and a strong demonstrable understanding of the nuances that can make products distinctive
- A willingness to learn and continue to innovate
Other information you’ll need
- Competitive industry salary reflecting experience, to be discussed during interview
- PMT Online address: 70-72 Evans Road, Speke, Liverpool, L24 9PB.
- 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Working hours: 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
- Ability to travel both nationally and internationally when required for events and launches
- Contract type: Full time, permanent
About PMT Online
Established in 1991, we sell the world's biggest musical instrument and equipment brands with 16 award-winning music stores across the UK.
It’s an exciting time to join the team and we need talented people onboard. We can offer a competitive salary, generous staff discount on all musical products, plus other great company benefits. If you are ambitious and would like a career where you can expect to be rewarded for hard work, please get in touch!
Please submit applications via the links below:
Alternatively, please send an CV and cover letter to email@example.com.