Since 1931, the Martin D-28 has remained at the forefront of iconic acoustic guitar design. Its full-bodied shape is the perfect accompaniment for singer-songwriters, and has graced stage front with some of the most legendary Bluegrass, Rock & Roll and Blues guitarists over the past 7 decades.
The D28 is an all-American, classic dreadnought. A true musical icon
Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, solid spruce top, and Dreadnought size produce an incredibly loud, full, rich, punchy tone perfect for most musical styles. Without modern electronics available today, the D-28 could hold its own on stage with unparalelled projection and volume. Typically the action is set higher on a D-28 than on a D18, 35, 42 or 45 owing to the instrument's bluegrass roots where the instrument performs with mandolins, banjos and Dobros which are loud. A heavier gauge string and tad higher action makes the guitar louder.
The Beatles were renowned for taking two D28 on tour with them to India, and wrote more than 30 songs to inspire the Woodstock generation of the 60s and 70s. Few guitars have the rich heritage of a Martin D-28 - don't settle for second best when it comes to investing in a quality dreadnought!
- MODEL D-28
- CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
- ROSETTE: Style 28
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: D OM
- TOP BRACES: Non-Scalloped 5/16''
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- BACK PURFLING: Style 28
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- ENDPIECE: White Boltaron
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- BINDING: White Boltaron
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Multiple Black/White
- SIDE INLAY: none
- BACK INLAY: Black/White
- NECK MATERIAL: Solid Mahogany
- NECK SHAPE: Low Profile
- NUT MATERIAL: White Corian
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/Diamond/Tapered
- HEADPLATE: Solid East Indian Rosewood/ Raised Gold Foil Logo
- HEELCAP: White Boltaron
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4''
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 11/16''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/8''
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Style 28
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: none
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss/ Dark Filler
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss
- FINISH NECK: Semi Gloss/ Dark Mahogany Stain/ Dark Filler
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/8''
- SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Micarta
- TUNING MACHINES: Gotoh Chrome w/ Large Knobs
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin SP 4200 Medium Phosphor Bronze
- BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/ Black Dots
- PICKGUARD: Black
- CASE: 640
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||solid mahogany|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*