If you love the sound of classic Eighties synths, you'll love the new Korg Volca FM. The Volca FM might be the best Volca-series synth yet, and once you start playing it, you'll probably agree! It's the affordable synthesizer many of us were hoping Korg or other brands would release: a polyphonic digital synthesizer that faithfully reproduces a classic FM sound engine - you can now have at your disposal the classic Yamaha DX7 sounds, in a very compact, affordable and USABLE unit (which, let's be honest, is more than could be said of that legendary synth!) Despite its modest size, the new Volca offers much more versatility than a DX7, and for this reason alone it would be destined to be popular.
More than any other synthesizer in this price range, the Korg Volca FM puts the fun back into synthesis - capable of producing some great tones, and ideal either as your first synth, or as a valuable addition to the bona fide synth collector - the Volca FM is just so good, so much fun, and so versatile, that you can't help but loving it... this is not a toy, but a very useful instrument!
True FM synthesis: 3-voice polyphonic FM synthesizer
The volca fm is a three-voice digital FM synthesizer that completely reproduces the sound engine of a classic FM synthesizer, and provides compatibility with it as well. The unique volca interface makes it easy to manipulate distinctive FM sounds even if you're not familiar with the complexities of FM synthesis. The 16-step sequencer that's one of volca's features provides new functions such as WARP ACTIVE STEP and PATTERN CHAIN that let you make even more powerful rhythm patterns.
The Volca series has shed new light on classic technologies by linking classic sound engines such as the groove machines and early samplers of the past with the dance music of today. Now it's time for the series to gain an FM sound engine.
The Volca FM perfectly reproduces the sound engine of the classic digital synthesizer that made the world aware of FM synthesis. Its six operators and 32 algorithms provide complete compatibility, and it can even load files in the SYS-EX/SYX format of the Yamaha DX7.
Super-easy sound editing
The volca fm makes FM sound editing accessible with the MODULATOR/CARRIER super-easy edit knobs – the knob movements are mapped to multiple parameters for sound changes that are easy to understand. FM enthusiasts can also menu dive into full parameter edits. The volca fm comes accompanied with a Parameter List Guide to assist this.
Make clone by synchronizing two units
The Volca FM provides a sync connector that can be easily connected to Korg's groove machines. Connect this to the other volca series unit, the electribe, or the SQ-1, and experience a session with synchronized sequencer playback. And when two units are connected, you can clone the sound programs and sequence data from one to the other.
Furthermore, the pattern chain function lets you connect multiple sequence patterns for successive playback, making it possible to construct large-scale developments of 32, 64, or even 256 steps by joining up to 16 sequences.
The MIDI IN jack lets you use the Volca as a sound module for DAW and MIDI. Enjoy anywhere With its compact size, battery operation, and built-in speaker, it's easy to take it anywhere and perform.
- Keyboard: Multi touch keyboard
- Synthesizer Type: FM synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony: 3 voices
- Structure: 6 operators, 32 algorithms
- Number of Programs: 32
- Main Edits: Modulator (Attack, Decay), Carrier (Attack, Decay), LFO (Rate, P.Depth), Algrtm
- Available to edit full parameters for each operator in Edit Mode
- Controls: Transpose, Velocity, Octave, Arp (Type, Div)
- Arpeggiator Types: 9 (each 3 patterns of "Rise", "Fall", and "Random")
- Voice Modes: Poly, Mono, Unison
- Effect: Chorus
- Sequencer: Number of Parts: 1, Number of Steps: 16, Number of Recording Patterns: 16
- Controls: Motion Sequence, Active Step, Warp Active Step, Pattern Chain, Metronome
- Connectors: Audio Output, Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V)
- Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Output level: 5V)
- When two units of volca fm, available to export the sound programs and sequence data from a volca fm to the other one
- MIDI: In
- Available to convert and load SYS-EX/SYX file created on the Yamaha DX7
- Power Supply: AA alkaline battery x 6 or AA nickel-metal hydride battery x 6 Or AC adapter (DC 9V) (optional)
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 193 x 115 x 40 mm / 7.60” x 4.53” x 1.57”
- Weight: 360 g / 12.70 oz. (Excluding batteries)
- Included Items: AA alkaline battery x 6 (for verifying operation), Sync Cable, Edit Parameter List
- Accessories: AC adapter (DC 9V) KA-350
|Power Supply||ac adapter (dc 9v) ka-350|
|Synthesis Type||fm digital synthesis|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*