How can Vox get better than there hugely popular AC series? By releasing the new AV series that’s how, these new series of amps combine the classic warmth of the AC’s tubes with analog circuitry to give you a combo amp that delivers warmth tone and dynamic response. This AV60 is perfect for players who love the tone and feel of a truly analogue valve amp, but with more versatility - comparable to that of a digital modeling amp.
The Vox AV60 is loaded with 2 x 12AX7 at the front giving you shimmering cleans to warm natural distortion and the same valves are used in the power section. You can use an optional foot switch to switch channels or turn the onboard effects on/off. Using your foot to conveniently operate these functions is especially useful on stage.
The Vox AV60 is a multi voiced amp that won’t break the bank & will give bang for your buck.
The AV series is a new concept in tube amps, delivering versatile tube sound yet excelling in affordability. Featuring 12AX7 driven preamp and power amp sections, these amps feature eight distinct analog preamp circuits that create eight types of tube sound ranging from transparently clean to crunchy chime and modern high-gain. Special attention was paid to the analog design, which is painstakingly constructed from a staggering number of components. The classic tones of the AV range are further enhanced by a customizable tube equipped analog power section and a unique, sealed speaker enclosure for improved resonance. Rounding out the feature set are three high-quality effects including Chorus, Delay & Reverb. These are perhaps the most revolutionary tube amps in all of VOX’s long history.
In order to deliver true tube sound, there must be vacuum tubes. The AV series features a circuit design with two triode tube circuits that utilizes the classic 12AX7. The AV15 has only one 12AX7, but by using half of the dual triode in the preamp and the other half in the power amp, it delivers true tube operation for both preamp and power amp sections. The AV30/60 use two 12AX7 tubes, one for the preamp and one for the power amp, delivering an even more dynamic sound. The internally supplied voltage is 60V; this high voltage allows the potential of the vacuum tubes to be fully utilized, and lets you obtain natural and powerful distortion reminiscent of some of the most iconic tube amplifiers. Four slide switches allow you to modify the response of the vacuum tube peripheral circuitry. For the preamp tubes, there are two switches: BRIGHT boosts the high frequencies, and FAT boosts the low end. For the power tubes, you can change the operating point of the vacuum tubes by using the BIAS switch to select either a clear and modern sound or an easily distorting vintage sound, and the REACTOR switch lets you vary the amount of feedback to the power amp, changing the damping factor to obtain a more dynamic, wide-ranging, and crisp sound. These changes can be made instantly, allowing you to modify the amp’s response in. In spite of these obsessive specifications, sounds can be switched instantly, letting you enjoy a wide spectrum of variation.
- Eight analog preamp circuits to reproduce the sounds of eight tube amps, from clean to high-gain, with careful attention paid to circuit design and selection of parts
- Pre- and power-amp sections use the 12AX7 dual triode tube, delivering real tube sound
- Four modes modify the response of the vacuum tube peripheral circuitry
- High-quality modulation, delay, and reverb effects are built-in
- The cabinet is constructed with an integrated baffle for efficient sound projection
- The speaker unit is mounted from the front, providing loud, clear, and spacious sound
- A proprietary bass-reflex structure delivers natural sound balance
- Power level control allows the volume to be adjusted while maintaining the tonal character
- Headphone out is equipped with a cabinet simulator for realistic sound & presence
- Send/return and speaker output are provided (AV30/60 only)
- Hi-fi spec AUX input allows an audio input source to be faithfully reproduced
- An optional footswitch can be used to switch channels (AV30/60 only) or effects
- Available in three models: a compact 15W model, or the two-channel 30W/60W models
- Analog preamp circuits that provide eight distinct sounds
|Effects||modulation, delay, and reverb effects|
|Woofer Size||12" woofer|
|Amp Type||valve / tube amplifier|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*