The Strymon El Capistan isn't simply a perfect emulation of a single great tape delay, it's a recreation of almost every tape delay. With control over characteristics such as tape age, reverb and single/multi head modes you can cover any tape delay sound imaginable. Whether you dig spring soaked reggae sounds or want tap tempo rhythmic textures the dTape technology in the El Capistan obliges. While the SHARC DSP technology is cutting edge it's how the algorithm artists at Strymon use it that really impresses.
The true sound of tape without any maintenance, as well as controls that let you dial in anything from crusty vintage dub guitar to pristine modern vocal delays. Indeed the El Capistan doesn't have to be restricted to guitar, with high end DSP processing and 24bit/96K conversion you can use it in the studio too.
- Hand crafted dTape algorithms deliver meticulous and nuanced recreations of tape echo systems.
- Three tape machines in one: Fixed (one fixed playback head), Multi (multiple playback heads), and Single (sliding record head)
- Each tape machine has three modes for extremely flexible echo options
- Five tape adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Time, Mix, Tape Age, Repeats, Wow & Flutter
- Five "hidden" knobs for extensive tone tweaking: Tape Crinkle, Tape Bias, Low End Contour, Spring Reverb, +/- 3dB Boost/Cut
- Sound on Sound mode with instant tape splice and bulk erase. A built-in tape-style looper!
Ins, Outs, Switches
- Stereo output, high impedance mono input
- Expression pedal input with selectable control over any knob parameter
- Connect our optional Favorite switch to save a favorite preset
- Tap Tempo and Bypass footswitches
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115dB typical signal to noise
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable "trails" mode with high quality Analog Buffered Bypass
- Press and hold Tap for instant infinite repeats
- Powered with a standard 9V center negative DC supply. 250mA minimum
- Strong and lightweight gunmetal gray anodized aluminum chassis
- Crafted with love in the USA
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*