Samson's range of Passive D.I Boxes have helped musicians around the globe for both live sound, stage and studio applications. Ideal for connecting an unbalanced line or instrument signal to a microphone level balanced input without a mixing desk, the MD1 offers a portable and hassle-free balanced signal solution for recording and live performance.
Premium sound circuitry with durable, roadworthy construction
The MD1’s Thru jack enables you to tap off the signal from the input and pass the signal to an amplifier or monitor without affecting the original audio. This can eliminate the need for miking guitar amplifiers, which depending on your application may be preferable, especially as more musicians are using in-ear monitors.
Housed in a 14-gauge steel chassis, the MD1 is built to withstand the abuse of the most demanding live tours. Its rigid outer shell protects all the MD1’s internal connections, switches and solder joints from failure, ensuring quiet, reliable performance.
- Type Mono passive direct box
- Frequency Response 18Hz to 40kHz ±0.1dB
- Maximum Input +20dBu 0.35% THD
- Dynamic Range >100dB @ Balanced Output
- Noise Floor -117dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion <0.03% from 20Hz to 40kHz
- Input Impedance 400k
- Output Impedance 250 ±20%
- Transformer Samson STL
- Transformer Ratio 15:1
- Ground Lift Disconnects XLR pin-1 (Output)
- Connectors 1/4” unbalanced (In & Thru), XLR (Balanced Output)
- Construction 14-gauge steel chassis
- Product Weight 1.49lb (680g)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*