The HD-28E Retro is a modern re-creation of the classic herringbone Dreadnought.
Channelling legends like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley, this guitar carries a distinct prestige that can only come from the Retro Series collection. A light, expressive sitka Spruce Top finished with aged toner, appointments that echo the classic stylings of 1930s- and 1940s-era Martins, boasts a forward-shifted scalloped bracing just like the originals - allowing the top to vibrate more freely, providing a warmer bass response.
A modified low oval neck closely mirrors the fast performance and comfort of the Performing Artist series, with a select hardwood that even the most purist of Martin collectors will appreciate. Balancing out the vintage vibe is the lack of a cutaway, but also equipped with Fishman F1 Aura pickup systems for awesome onstage sound and the convenience of a variety of modeled acoustic sounds, or a blend of both, on top of onboard EQ, feedback suppression, and compression.
Combined with the bold voice of an Indian rosewood back and sides, the dreadnought body shape offers distinctive American full range tone that is richly harmonic yet uniquely detailed on the top end for finger picking styles and strummers alike.
- Model: HD-28E Retro
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: HD Zig-Zag
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Bold Herringbone
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile w/ Performing Artist Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamonds & Squares - Long Pattern
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss w/ Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly w/ Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open-Geared w/ Butterbean knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Tortoise Colored Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 445 Hardshell
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura Plus
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||Full SIze|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*