The Dreadnought body shape was originally introduced by Martin in the 1920s, named after the largest ships of the Naval fleet at the time. The D-35 fits the mould perfectly - a bold, bassy acoustic voice that empowers you to play loud, but sounds equally beautifully at a modest low volume.
The perfect accompaniment to a Bluegrass or Folk singer-songwriter. A truly iconic acoustic guitar!
The Martin D-35 offers a characteristic deep, bassy character traditionally offered by solidbody dreadnought acoustics that carries its own without amplification. Lighter, quarter-inch top braces help to accentuate the top end detail which produces a superbly balanced overall tone. As with all high-end Martin Guitars, the D-35 features a gorgeous white body binding - a beautiful contrast to the ebony fingerboard and dot inlays.
The Martin Standard Series has laid the foundation for acoustic guitar design and performance since the turn of the 20th century, and cemented their name in music history since the 20's and 30's with the emergence of folk and country musicians.
- Model: D-35
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X''
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 1/4''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 35
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: White Boltaron
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: White Boltaron
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side Inlay: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Raised Gold Foil
- Heelcap: White Boltaron with Multiple Black/White Boltaron Inlay
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28
- Fingerboard Binding: White Boltaron
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed w/ Large Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: 640 Molded
- Interior Label: none
- Electronics: Optional
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||Full SIze|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*