The D-18E Retro faithfully restores the classic 1937 Martin D-18 acoustic, adding modern performance features like a Fishman F1 electronic pickup, high-performance neck and Forward-shifted X bracing.
Vintage Martin Dreadnought with pre-war period correct details
Aesthetically, everything about the Martin D-18E Retro stays true to the original D18 introduced in the late 1930s. This iconic dreadnought was named after the British fleet of battleships that ruled the seas at the time - where the bigger body meets graceful, detailed acoustic tone.
A classic tonewood combination pairs up a Solid Sitka Spruce top with Solid Mahogany back and sides. The rich tonal complexity of Mahogany complements the fundamental projection and volume offered with a Dreadnought body shape. The perfect accompaniment for an advanced singer-songwriter, but adapts well to any style of guitarist.
But Martin wasn't content to simply reissue these legendary instruments, equipping the Retro series with Fishman F1 Aura for incredibly authentic onstage amplification and a reshaped neck to give players a fluid, comfortable playing experience.
- Model: D-18E Retro
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 18
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Back Purfling: Old Style 18
- Side Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Endpiece: Tortoise Color
- Binding: Tortoise Color
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss w/ Aging Toner
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly w/ Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Bridge & End Pins: Black w/ White Dots
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile w/ Performing Artist Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: Tortoise Color
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Old Style 18 - Green Abalone
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura Plus
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open-Geared w/ Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 445 Hardshell
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||Full SIze|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*