This absolutely beautiful shell pack from Mapex has a open, rounded sound which offers punch, clarity and tons of versatility for multiple styles of music. The combination of a Walnut/Maple shell composition when coupled with Mapex's trademark SONIClear bearing edge results in a much clearer and more focused rack toms while the bass drum/floor toms offer plenty punchy lows.
A beautiful bit of kit from Mapex. The Saturn V shell pack is aimed at the professional drummer looking to make a statement on stage!
The Sound Wave Twin is the full compliment. The ‘short stack’ toms deliver punchy quick notes with heaps of attack and tune easily to a wide range if frequencies. The twin racks and twin floors provide smooth transition from high popping notes through to deep driving tone. The 22” kick is powerful and focused, the internal depth is optimised to 17.5” cut, the ideal distance between the two heads for free-flowing, unrestricted resonance.
The SONIClear Bearing Edge is applied as standard on all SATURN V Shells. It allows the drumhead to sit flatter and make better contact with the shell’s edge. The result is a stronger and deeper fundamental pitch, effortless and consistent tuning, and a significantly expanded tuning range. For the serious player, the increased head to edge contact increases shell vibration, allowing the sonic nuances of the Hybrid shell to stand out.
- The full array of standard depth toms in this 2 up and 2 down configuration provides the player with a wide range of sounds and pitches ideal for melodic grooves and tom fills.
- The Maple and Walnut hybrid shell produces a strong attack and a rich tone that projects well in live settings and tracks perfectly in the studio. It’s the classic Saturn sound.
- The SONIClear bearing edge simplifies the tuning process and enhances tone and tuning range.
- 22"X18", 10"X08", 12"X09",14"X14", 16"X16"
- Maple and Walnut Hybrid Shell
- 7ply 7.5mm Bass Drum Shells 7ply 6.15mm Tom & Snare Shells
- SONIClear™ Tom Suspension
- Deep Water Ash Burl
- black chrome hardware
- SONIClear™ Floor Tom Feet
- Low-Contact Bass Drum Claws
|Bass Drum Size||22" x 18"|
|Finish||deep water blue|
|Floor Tom Size||14" x 14" / 16" x 16"|
|Shell Count||5 piece kit|
|Shell Material||maple / walnut|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*