Eric Clapton 'Blackie' Fender Stratocaster
Back in 1973, Eric Clapton walked on stage for the very first time wielding a Fender Stratocaster, from that moment onwards a new page was added to music history was set to be written. Finally Eric Clapton fans can get their hands on the Fender Artist Series, Eric Clapton signature Stratocaster guitar. This glorious axe was designed in partnership with the man himself and features some unique features which Eric favored in order to achieve his distinctive 'Strat' tone.
A Fitting Tribute to a True Legend
In 1970 Eric Clapton famously switched from predominately playing Gibson guitars, to playing mainly Fender Stratocasters. This decision was largely due to influences from Jimi Hendrix and his closest peers. This Signature Stratocaster guitar is guaranteed to please fans of 'Slowhand' and 'Just One Night', closely following the same specification of his original guitar, which sold for nearly $1,000,000 in 2004!
The guitar sports 3 Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups, an active mid-boost of 25 db built into the tone controls, TBX circuitry, a special soft "V"-shaped neck for incredible playability and a vintage syncronized tremolo which comes blocked off as standard, just how Eric would use it. In order to use the tremolo, the block can be removed and players can whammy until their hearts content!
Traditionally, Eric's 'Brownie' Strat (named for its Brown Sunburst finish) was the axe-of-choice for the Rock and Roll hall-of-famer, so 'Blackie' was an intruiging change of look for Clapton on stage. Over time, this has become quite possibly the most sought-after Stratocaster in the Fender line-up, and the most economical way to get your hands on an incredibly accurate re-issue of arguably the most famous guitar of all time.
- Model Name: Eric Clapton Stratocaster, Maple Fingerboard, Black
- Model Number: 0117602806
- Series: Artist
- Color: Black
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Urethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Soft "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Micro-Tilt Adjustment
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. Master TBX Tone Control, Tone 2. Master Active Mid Boost (0-25dB). Mid boost kit
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Special Electronics: Active Electronics
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: 6-in-Line American Vintage
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA 250R, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Special Soft "V" Shape Neck, Blocked Tremolo, Active Mid-Boost Circuit
- Included Accessories: Vintage Tweed Case, Strap, Cable
|Case Included||hard case|
|Pickup Config||3 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||stratocaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*