One of the main complaints I tend to hear from acoustic guitar players is that plugging into a PA system or amp often results in an amplified sound that... isn't quite right. It's almost as though the signal between their pickup and the preamp/amp isn't as lush, resonant or clear as what they hear from the guitar itself when it's unplugged.
Your Acoustic Sound, Amplified!
That's where the Zoom AC2 comes into play! This excellent little pedal will amplify your acoustic sound and allow you to sculpt the output, resulting in a highly accurate and natural sounding representation of your guitar's tone, making it perfect for both live and studio work.
Helps Restore Your Acoustic Tone
Featuring an impressive 16 source guitar presets, with everything ranging from a Parlor sized acoustic up to a Resonator, 12-string and even an Upright Bass, the Zoom AC2 is as versatile as you could wish for.
Simply plug your acoustic guitar / bass into the input socket, select the type that it is, then choose between piezo or magnetic (depending on your guitar's pickup type), then make use of the awesome 3-band EQ to get the tone you want. It couldn't be easier.
The Zoom AC2 contains a high-quality preamp, which helps boost your signal and goes a long way to restoring your true acoustic sound. The preamp also features a natural-sounding reverb function, which helps greatly increase your acoustic's depth and width, especially when used in line with the aforementioned 3-band EQ.
One of the many excellent features on the Zoom AC2 is the "ANTI F.B." (or "Anti-Feedback") button housed to the left of the inbuilt tuner. This great bit of technology automatically locates and eliminates problem frequencies, cutting out unwanted feedback and noise, making it essential for all live performances.
Balanced XLR Output
In addition to the Zoom AC2's standard Monaural output socket, there's also a balanced XLR output (with both ground/lift and pre/post controls), which gives you the option of connecting directly to any PA mixer or studio console. My usual live setup of choice with this bad-boy is plugging the standard output directly into an acoustic amplifier, and then hooking the Balanced XLR output socket up to a mixing desk at the same time, making for a much fuller live sound. There's also a Headphone Out socket, for when you need to fine tune your sound without plugging into an amp, or even to act as a monitor system when recording.
In Built Tuner
The AC2 also features an easy-to-use, highly-visible chromatic tuner which mutes your playing when activated (handy in a live situation) and is visible enough to be seen on a poorly lit stage.
At the click of a switch you can give your signal a boost of up to 9dB! Perfect for if you're switching from flatpicking to finger-picking style, or even playing a melody that needs to be heard above the mix.
Whether your acoustic instrument of choice is a nylon-stringed classical, an upright bass, or even a 12-string, the AC2 from Zoom is everything you need and more. Keep an eye out for this arriving in PMT Stores nationwide, and if you have any queries regarding the availability of this product feel free to contact our sales team directly!
- 16 source guitar type/body presets for accurate tone reproduction
- 1/4" Input Socket
- XLR Balanced Out
- Two 1/4" outputs for mono or stereo connection to guitar amps, headphones and audio interfaces
- Reverb effects
- High-quality, low noise preamp
- Piezo/magnetic input pickup select
- 3-band EQ
- Input and Output gain/sensitivity adjustable via single volume knob
- Anti-feedback control
- Boost switch for up to 9dB of additional gain
- Built-in chromatic visual LED tuner
- USB connection for firmware updates
- Three power options: 2 x AA batteries, Zoom AD-16 power adapter (included), or bus power via micro-USB port
- Source Guitars: 16 Types (including Upright Bass)
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- A/D conversion: 24-bit with 128x oversampling
- D/A conversion: 24-bit with 128x oversampling
- Signal processing: 32-bit
- Inputs: Standard monaural phone jack, -20 dBu rated input level
- Outputs: Standard stereo phone jack (combined line/headphones); Standard mono phone jack; Balanced XLR output
- Equivalent Input noise: 120 dBu
- Noise floor (residual noise): -100 dBu
- Power: AC adapter DC9V, 500mA centre negative (included); 2 x AA batteries (approx 3hrs continuous use)
- USB: USB MIDI USB Micro-B
- Dimensions: 158mm (D) x 107mm (W) x 52mm (H)
- Weight: 0.57 kg
|Effects||reverb, eq, boost|
|Power Supply||zoom ad-16 adapter (included), 2 x aa batteries or micro-usb connection|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*