The Yamaha THR10C fits 5 boutique amps on your coffee table
The original THR10 & THR5 have always been great "third amps" for playing - not just practising - at home, and now there's one especially for the detailed picking and tone of blues, jazz, and country.
The five high-end, hand-wired amp tones the THR10C brings to your fingertips are:
- Deluxe: twin 6V6 power tubes and a low gain 12AX7 pre-amp section start breaking up only when pushed to the maximum. This is warm, clean heaven.
- Class A: true Class A configuration from 4 EL84s combined with unique, ultra-interactive EQ gives rich, smooth harmonics and versatile, musical tone. For something really special, drive the power section harder than the pre-amp.
- US Blues: twin EL84s and solid-state rectification give this low-power, low-gain combo a combination of clarity, dynamics and response that sings. Drop the midrange with single-coils for silky clean blues tones.
- Brit Blues: twin KT66 output tubes break up early. Turn it up with humbuckers for the ultimate mid-60s blues rock tone.
- Mini: the definition of simplicity - 1 EL84 and 1 12AX7. Added EQ for more flexibility, or leave everything at 12 o'clock to find out what your guitar really sounds like.
Built-in effects include: chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo, delay (tape echo), various reverbs plus, using the free-to-download THR Editor software, compressor and noise gate.
Customise your sound
If the amp's built-in presets aren't enough for you, the amp can be connected via USB to your Mac or PC and, using the free THR Editor software available for download direct from Yamaha, you can fine tune your THR's settings to dial in the perfect tone. The software (screenshot above) offers deep editing of amp and effect parameters using a computer and access to hidden effects. All this can be saved with the user memory function that remembers up to five amp settings of all controller and switch settings for quick recall.
THR amps also include a DVD of Cubase AI, so you can capture whatever creative sounds you come up with.
September 24, 2018Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*