Bringing together more than five decades of guitar-making expertise, with inspiration drawn from a variety of vintage guitars and motorcycles, the Yamaha Revstar series is here to stay. Towards the top end of the series you'll find the illustrious Yamaha Revstar RS720B Electric Guitar in Ash Grey, a stunning example of just what Yamaha's guitar designers are capable of.
Yamaha Revstar RS720B Electric Guitar in Ash Grey Highlights
- Professional-grade, double cut guitar, stylistically inspired by vintage rock and roll instruments
- Solid Mahogany body with Flamed Maple Laminate top
- Two custom-wound Alnico V "Filtertron-Style" humbuckers produce an ideal balance of warmth and brightness
- Push/Pull "Dry" switch situated in Tone control pot - activate for even more tonal options from pickups
- Bigsby B50 tailpiece, for vintage looks and a classic vibrato style effect
- Vintage cream binding on body and neck
- Includes padded gig bag
- Finance options available
Vintage and Modern Meets Head to Head
With the Yamaha Revstar RS720B Electric Guitar in Ash Grey you get a guitar that perfectly combines vintage looks with modern playability.
Featuring that familiar Revstar doublecut design, with a handbrushed satin finish, a pair of Filtertron-inspired humbuckers, and a Bigsby B50 vibrato tailpiece, this guitar just oozes class from every pore.
Custom Wound Humbuckers
Sitting pretty in the Neck and Bridge positions on the Revstar RS720B, you'll find a pair of low-output, custom-wound YGD V5 Filtetron-style humbuckers. Featuring Alnico V magnets, brass baseplates, and under-wound polyurethane wire, the pickups offer an ideal balance of warmth and brightness.
Played cleanly or with low-gain settings, these pickups yield super clean, clear and shimmering tones, but crank up the gain for an array of raw and dirty sounds. Classic, but different, with bags of character... and that's before we've introduced the Dry Switch.
The Dry Switch
Designed by Yamaha exclusively for their Revstar range, this "Dry Switch" is activated via the Push/Pull function on your Master Tone control pot.
When activated, this passive circuit filters out your guitar's low frequencies, giving you the punch and clarity of a single coil pickup - but without any of that annoying 60 cycle hum!
Order Yours Today
Ordering this guitar couldn't be easier. Simply order online via this website; contact our Online Sales team directly; or visit your Local PMT store and talk to one of our resident product experts.
Yamaha Revstar RS720B Electric Guitar in Ash Grey Specs
- Construction: Set-in
- Scale Length: 628mm (24 - 3/4")
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Medium
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays: Parallel Blocks, Pearloid
- Radius: 350mm (13 - 3/4")
- Frets: Jumbo
- Number of Frets: 22
- Body: Flamed Maple/Mahogany
- Body Cut: Top and Back
- Tuners: Locking Diecast Tuners
- Nut/Width: Plastic/43mm
- Bridge: Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B-50
- Pickguards: Black 3-Ply
- Pickups: Filtertron Style Humbuckers
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Additional Function: Dry Switch (Tone Push-pull)
- Hardware Color: Satin Nickel
- Finish on Top: Steel Wool
- Includes: Gigbag
|Case Included||gig bag|
|Neck Wood||mahogany neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbuckers|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||double cutaway|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*