Universal Audio Apollo X16 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface - with 16 Channels of Elite Audio Conversion, HEXA Core Processing, and Surround Sound Monitoring
Universal Audio have a storied history, from founder Bill Putnam helping establish the early standard for mixers, to their current place at the forefront of technology and their collaborations with modern music legends. The Apollo interfaces straddle both these worlds, combining an incredible audio interface with UAD plugin processing.
Designed using the finest analogue components and bleeding edge AD/DA conversion. You can be sure every detail of your recordings is captured beautifully, then when it comes to mix down you can call on exacting emulations of the most revered studio gear, from Urei to Pultec and Fairchild.
UA's Brand-New Flagship Audio Interface
With the all-new flagship Apollo x16 you get a sleek and powerful rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac** and PC. This interface is specially designed to allow music producers, project, and post-production studios to track, overdub, and mix with new world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA core UAD plug-in processing, and 7.1 surround sound monitoring.
**Mac Pro (Late 2013 “Black Cylinder” model) compatibility for Apollo X coming Q4 2018
60-Years of Audio Craftsmanship Put to Good Use
Built upon six glorious decades of Universal Audio's expertise, this 18 x 20 interface offers the widest dynamic range and lowest THD+N of any integrated audio interface on the market. Not only that, but thanks to the all-new HEXA Core processing technology you now get up to 50% more DSP for running those acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time!
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
Apollo audio interfaces have a rich history of tracking stellar-sounding records, and have thousands of chart-topping songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt.
Never one to rest on their laurels, Universal Audio are always seeking to improve upon the previous generation of Apollo interfaces.
This is why UA engineers obsessively auditioned the latest A/D and D/A convertersm pairing elite-class 24-bit/192 kHz converters with all-new analog circuitry for a flawless signal path.
The all-new HEXA Core processing technology is comprised of six powerful DSP chips, and features 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than its predecessors. This allows you to run more UAD plug-ins whilst tracking in real time, or even running a high amount of UAD plug-ins whilst mixing in your DAW.
Huge Library of High-Quality Plug-Ins
With a full suite of classic analog processing at your disposal, in addition to access to the world of UAD Powered plug-ins, your sound-enhancing options with the Apollo x16 are many and varied. Whether you want to make use of the tube warmth of Pultec EQs on a guitar, a Fairchild 670 tube compressor on drums, or a whole host of EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines, or channel strips, the Apollo x16 allows you to do so with near-zero latency, and without taxing your computer's CPU.
Apollo x16 includes the “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Surround Sound MonitoringAs more and more platforms make use of surround sound audio, it's imperative for a flagship audio interface to meet these needs. Featuring comprehensive surround monitoring support for formats up to 7.1, the Apollo x16 is perfect when workong on audio and music for video games, television, and online media.
Not only that, but the Apollo x16 also offers seletable +24 dBu operation for out-of-the-box compatibility with a range of professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro aufio equipment.
Build Your Own Networked Studio
With a massive 18x 20 simultaneous inputs/outputs (16 x 16 analog I/O) and two built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports (backwards-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 Macs via adapter), you can easily combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices - giving you plenty of fast, high-bandwidth I/O and DSP at your disposal!
Available to Order Now
Contact our local sales team today if you'd like to know more about the availability of the Universal Audio Apollo x16. Alternatively, order yours online today and make use of our fantast home-delivery service!
Apollo X16 Key Features
- 18 x 20 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 KHz conversion
- HEXA Core Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Surround monitor controller up to 7.1 format*
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp; Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors; Marshall Plexi Classic; Ampeg SVT-VR Classic and more
- UAD-2 HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices; backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via optional adapter
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Uncompromising UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
- Dimensions (Inches): 24 (L) x 17 (W) x 8 (H)
*Surround Sound Support for Apollo X Coming Q4 2018
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
|Shipping Weight (kg)||2.000000|
|Effects||Realtime Analog Classics Plus Plug-In Bundle|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.