The Universal Audio Apollo Firewire Audio Interface combines UA's legacy of pro audio hardware with the unlimited potential of UAD processing and software plugins. Via Firewire 800 connectivity, you get super high-res recording and output clarity for both Mac and PC, all whilst alleviating the load on your processor when running UAD plugins.
Powerful UAD Plug-In Processing for Mac and PC
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo FireWire distinguishes itself with onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core processing and an included bundle of award-winning UAD plug-ins — which you can track through with near-zero latency, shaping sounds like a classic analog studio — without taxing your host Mac or PC.
- 18-in/24-out FireWire 800 Audio Interface
- QUAD DSP Accelerator
- 4 SHARC Processors, 4 Preamps
- Realtime Analog Classics Plus Plug-in Package
- Compatible with Mac/PC AAX 64, VST, AU, RTAS
Unison Mic Preamp Technology
The UAD Apollo Firewire employs 4x Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio. An Apollo exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 QUAD or DUO Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input in Apollo Console software, and it physically reconfigures the Apollo interface's impedance — so you can tap into the classic sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps.
Increase the potential of your UAD Apollo Firewire with the optional Thunderbolt Card. Based on PCIe technology, Thunderbolt offers a much-higher bandwidth connection than USB or Firewire, and with lower latency, ideal for professional recording situations. Record at higher resolution for your next project at minimal cost!
Realtime Analog Classics Bundle Included
Universal Audio Apollo Firewire comes with a tasty selection of UAD's top plug-ins from world-renowned software and hardware developers. Straight out the box, you've got access to 1176 and LA-2A dynamics processors, as well as preamp and EQ models. This bundle also comes with analog modelling hits from Fairchild, Pultec, and more.
- UA 610B
- Marshall Plexi Classic Amplifier
- Fairchild 670 Legacy
- Teletronix LA2A Legacy
- UA 1176LN Legacy
- UA 1176SE Legacy
- Pultec EQP1A Legacy
- Pultec Pro Legacy
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Modulation
- Precision Delay Modulation L
- UA Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8X10
- RealVerb Pro
Universal Audio Apollo Firewire Key Features:
- Combines built-in UAD-2 QUAD plug-in processing, an analog signal path, and impeccable conversion quality
- 18 x 24 interface provides enough I/O for professional applications
- Compatible with virtually any DAW
- Plug-in configuration is saved with your DAW session, for easy recall of session settings from any workstation
- DSP processing power can be expanded by connecting a UAD-2 Satellite (sold separately)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*