The Two Notes Torpedo Captor 8 Ohm is an easy-to-use reactive loadbox, that will easily cement itself as a quintessential part of your rig.
Designed to sit between your amp head and speaker cab, or between your combo amp and speaker connection, this compact loadbox is easy to transport and ideal for touring musicians.
The Reload's Little Brother
Perfect direct recording, live performances, and even with in-ear monitors, the Two Notes Torpedo Captor helps capture that rich, dynamic sound that musicians love, whislt retaining all of the feel and realism that only a genuine tube amp can provide.
Two Notes Torpedo Captor 8 Ohm Key Features
- Safely loads any tube amp up to 100W
- Speaker thru, 20dB attenuation or silent modes
- Save space, weight and noise on stage, plus easy and fast recording
- Use your favourite loud amp at a lower volume or completely silently
- Free Wall Of Sound III plug-in (16 supplied virtual cabinets to get you started)
- 8 Ohm load capacity
- Powered by 48V phantom power or optional PSU
- (9-24V DC - required only for the XLR DI output and speaker simulation)
No Compromise On Tone
When used without a cabinet, this box loads up safely into silent mode without risking your output valves and electronics.
In addition to this, the Torpedo Captor is also equipped with a direct speaker THRU or ATT output, sending the amps full volume to the speaker, or with -20dB reactive attenuation, without negatively affecting your amps sound characteristics.
Works For Guitar Or Bass
With its balanced XLR active DI output, selectable analogue guitar or bass speaker simulation, and a balanced line output with adjustable output level and polarity switch, the Torpedo Captor allows you to get the most out of your preferred amp at full potential.
Wall Of Sound
As if all of that wasn't enough, the Two Notes Torpedo Captor is fully compatible with the Wall of Sound speaker and mic sim plugin.
Simply install the plugin into your favourite DAW, and make use of the 16 virtual cabinets to give your direct recording sessions that organic, "mic'd up speaker" sound.
Two Notes Torpedo Captor 8 Ohm Specs
- Input impedance: 8 Ohms
- Admissible power: 100W RMS
- Fan cooled
Input / Output
- Speaker Input: 1/4" Jack unbalanced (TS, Tip/Sleeve)
- Speaker Att: 1/4" Jack unbalanced (TS) – Attenuation: -20dB.
- Speaker Thru: 1/4" Jack unbalanced (TS) – Directly connected to Speaker Input. Disconnects the loadbox when used.
- Line Output: 1/4" Jack balanced (TRS) – Impedance: approx 1 kOhms – Without speaker simulation
- DI Output: XLR balanced – Impedance: 600 Ohms – With or without speaker simulation
- Guitar or Bass, analog, based on acclaimed Torpedo virtual cabinets
- Power is required only for the XLR DI output and speaker simulation.
- Phantom power or DC jack, 2.1 x 5.5mm, negative center.
- Current: 5mA
Dimensions & weight
- 175 x 126 x 62 mm
- 1 kg
|Software Included||wall of sound (downloadable plug-in)|
|Power Supply||48v phantom or 9 to 24v dc|
|MPN||Torpedo Captor 8|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.